Information Security Management
Protecting the private and personal information of industries and people is not only a vital and important career, it’s also never been more in demand. If you’re technically minded and are looking to add to your already impressive resume, the Information Security Management program will give your future career the boost it needs.
This program has both on-campus and online learning options. Please note that the online learning is only open to Canadian students.
A part-time version of this program is also available.
A Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree in a computing related field
Acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- Information Security
- O/S & Applications Security
- Web Security
- Security Planning
- Routing & Switching
- Graduate Success Strategies
- Managing Enterprise Networks
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- Monitoring & Incident Response
- CISSP Prep
- Ethical Hacking & Exploits
- T. Auditing
- Research Methodology & Capstone Project
- Security Applications
- Digital Forensics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
To fit in with your busy schedule, the program is available 100% online or in a traditional in-class format (full-time or part-time) with September, January or May admissions. Once you’ve chosen schedule that best suits your needs, you’ll learn how to manage both the operational and strategic aspects of information security. In just eight months, you’ll develop the skills to identify how a business is vulnerable, and how to best safeguard their information.
The tuition fee for Canadian students is 1,360.26 CAD, and the total fees are 2,163.64 CAD.
The tuition fee for International students is 7,233.50 CAD, and the total fees are 8,642.86 CAD.
Please note fees are subject to change. Please visit Fanshawe’s website for the most up to date information.
Credential - Ontario College Graduate Certificate
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to
- apply knowledge of computer operating systems, networking, and various application software to the simulation of business processes.
- develop best practices to protect business resources through the application of knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- develop security strategies for the deployment of security procedures and protective devices.
- Integrate information technology strategies that support business functions by employing knowledge of best practices of business processes and systems.
- develop security plans and strategies to include acceptable use of business information and systems by internal employees, contractors, consultants, business partners and customers.
- develop security plans and strategies to ensure the integrity of information in compliance with best practices, relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- apply project management principles in the deployment of security policies and strategies.
- perform security audits to ensure compliance with security plans, policies, standards, regulations and best practices.
- develop and deliver a corporate training program to communicate both orally and in writing the security requirements for compliance with security policies.
- prepare security documentation for approval by senior management and present results of security audits.
This program will prepare graduates to take advantage of the growing opportunities in the information security field. Graduates will be an asset to any information technology support department or specifically as part of a security team, in virtually all sectors of business. Subsequently, with the right experience base, graduates can expect to find opportunities as security analysts and consultants or in security management roles. They would obtain positions such as security analysts, information security auditor, network security analyst, IT technical security specialist and threat-risk/vulnerability security specialist.
Fanshawe's School of Information Technology offers programs in systems, programming, security and office administration and includes various credential opportunities.
About this institute
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada - approximately two hours from Niagara Falls, Toronto, or Detroit. There are 21,000 full-time students at Fanshawe, including 7,500 international students from more than 100 different countries. Fanshawe...
Why study at Fanshawe College
London is a great location - a large city with a population of close to 500,000, so there is something for everyone. It is small enough to be more affordable than some of the larger cities and it is very student-friendly. Fanshawe College has a 90.3% percent Graduate Employment Rate, which is number one among Ontario colleges. There are also 60 co-op programs available, where students can "earn while they learn."
Want to know more about Information Security Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Cedar City, United States of America