Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This interior design course will give you the opportunity to explore commercial, architectural and decorative spaces. With an eye to the future, competitive industry internships and a design mentor scheme which aims to create your foothold in the industry.
- Take innovative live-build projects to events such as the London Design Festival.
- Hone your skills through live projects and pitch ideas to gain a competitive industry placement.
- Engage with the creative and collaborative work ethic of the future through interdisciplinary projects.
- Discover new ways of expressing yourself through our studio culture, IT suite and workshops.
- Draw inspiration from our extensive materials library – essential for any passionate interior designer.
- Have the opportunity to study abroad through the Erasmus scheme and join us on optional study trips to events such as Milan Furniture Fair and Stockholm Design Week.
We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field. Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma.
For applicants whose first language is English we require you to have or be working towards GCSE English Language Grade 4 (C), or equivalent.
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the same standard, which is equivalent to the IELTS Academic 6.0 overall score, with at least 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. We accept a range of in country equivalencies and approved tests.
If you need a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK, you'll need to take a recognised language test that is approved and vouched for by the University.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Interior Design Principles 1
- Contextual Studies 1 / Seminal Interiors
- Interior Design Principles 2
- Contextual Studies 2 / Architectural Interiors
- Design Innovation
- Professional skills 1 / Critical Thinking
- Design Identity
- Professional Skills 2 / Employability
- Exploratory Design Project
- Critical Report / Contextual and Industry Focus
- Comprehensive Design Project
- Full-time UK/EU - £9,250
- Full-time International - £16,000
Scholarships & funding
For information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What you'll learn
Through this interior design degree, you'll develop the skills to become a confident, well informed and industry-connected designer of the future. You will gain a strong understanding of how to produce a comprehensive and innovative design scheme in the area of your choice. Through collaborative and interdisciplinary projects, including live projects, you'll grow a broad range of creative skills, become a critical thinker and have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life.
During your internship, you'll make valuable industry connections, supporting and facilitating your path as a professional through to employment. Project work will develop your technical skills in our multi-material workshops on campus, as well as exploring new digital environments through VR and AR technologies.
Our graduates have become architectural illustrators for PBWC Architects, designers for LDA Design, interior designers for Areen Design, and freelance art directors for Arcade Advertising in Singapore.
About this institute
For more than 100 years, Falmouth University has been a hub of creative thinking and design innovation. Today, our portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses represents the breadth of the Creative Industries, from art, design and fashion, to gaming, music...
Want to know more about Interior Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America