Creative Events Management MA (Online)Falmouth University
Creative Events Management MA (Online)
All available course dates
Creative Events Management MA (Online)
Events play a decisive role across business, culture and sport. Managing increasingly discerning audiences, developments in technology and market shifts, demands skills and insight.
This masters degree will help you meet this need.
You will get access to international events expertise paired with academic rigour.
This will enable you to enhance your professional practice, creative perspectives and approaches, while critically evaluating current industry norms.
- Develop skills to design, plan, produce and manage events across the creative and corporate sectors
- Extend your career into event management
- Gain certification as A Greener Festival Stage 1 Assessor on completion of the A Greener Festival Assessor Training course, as part of the Sustainable Practice module
- As part of the Creative Practice in Event Design module, gain a certificate in Disability Equality Training for Live Events, accredited by Attitude is Everything
Chat live with students from Falmouth University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Falmouth University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
If your first language is not English, you'll need to take one of the following tests to verify your proficiency:
- IELTS - minimum overall score of IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
- TOEFL iBT (online test) - minimum of 80 overall and at least 19 in all 4 components
- LanguageCert (online test) - a High Pass from the ESOL B2 Communicator test in reading, writing, speaking and listening (2 parts)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Principles of Event Management & Research
The module is designed to introduce you to key themes that create the platform for understanding event management and the business context in which events operate.
This will include introductions to principles and practice of:
- Concept development & associated theory
- Business planning & finance
- Health & safety assessment
- Legal considerations
- Marketing theory
- Operational delivery
- Event impacts and evaluation
You will also acknowledge the potential impact of international variations in regulation and legislation when working with best practice examples.
Creative Practice in Event Design
You will learn key theories, concepts, techniques and considerations around event and experience design, including principles and practice of:
- Approaching the conception and delivery of the event, engaging a range of senses
- Audience flow and focal points during the event
- The differentiation between various stakeholders and expectation, including designers, creative agencies, set designers and producers
- Creativity of stages and construction.
Digital Futures for Events and Events Marketing
The events industry is benefiting from technological developments and simultaneously being challenged by the digital economy. You will look at this from a local, national and international perspective and identify fundamental sectoral issues and relevant theories. You will then demonstrate knowledge gained by working in a group to design, implement and evaluate a digital event.
The events industry operates globally and generates a wide range of environmental impacts.
You will look at the sustainability of events from a local, national and international perspective and identify fundamental sectoral issues.
You will consider varied approaches towards implementing sustainability, across event type, industry sector and country alongside the theoretical thread underpinning them.
Final Major Project
In this module, you will undertake your own events research project. You will explore and analyse further a specialist area of contemporary events practice reflecting current theories and debates. In doing so you will initiate research that will inform your future career development.
This final module provides you with the opportunity to reflect on your learning on the course in relation to your personal objectives and professional development.
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and funding are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- MA: 2 years
- PGDip: 14 months
Total course fee: £11,300 (including £250 acceptance fee)
- One-off payment
- Six equal instalments spread over a two-year period.
Payments can be made online or by phone, using a credit or debit card, or by bank transfer.
What you’ll learn
Understand event management and the business context in which events operate. Examine the impact of the digital economy on event management and design your own digital event. Consider the sustainability of events and undertake your own events research project.
About this institute
For more than 100 years, Falmouth University has been a hub of creative thinking and design innovation. Today, our portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses represents the breadth of the Creative Industries, from art, design and fashion, to gaming, music...
Want to know more about Creative Events Management MA (Online)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...