Creative Events Management BA (Hons)
Our academic team members are experienced practitioners, with broad industry backgrounds, who will teach you how to work collaboratively and take a creative approach to organising events, from cutting-edge fashion experiences and music festivals, to weddings, business events and product launches.
- Organise at least four live events over the three-year course
- Study on one of the first courses in the world accredited by A Greener Festival
- Be involved in industry events and take part in workshops with organisations such as Attitude is Everything
- Take micro-placements throughout the course, with previous destinations ranging from Cornwall to California
- Explore the future of sustainable and digital event management
- Be supported to develop creative approaches and specialise in an area you’re passionate about
- Be part of a course in the hospitality, event management and tourism sector where Falmouth holds a top ten ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2021
Chat live with students from Falmouth University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Falmouth University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field. Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma.
For applicants whose first language is English we require you to have or be working towards GCSE English Language Grade 4 (C), or equivalent.
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the same standard which is equivalent to the IELTS Academic 6.0 overall score, with at least 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. We accept a range of in country equivalencies and approved tests.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
You'll deepen your understanding of organisations and events planning processes, and grow your teamwork and presentation skills. On top of this, you'll explore everything from marketing and technical skills to managing resources and engaging with clients.
- Marketing & Digital Media
- Real World Skills
- Contemporary Event & Festival Impact
- Wellbeing in Experience Management
- Live Student Event Project
- Creative Innovation in Experience Management
You'll explore original ways to deliver successful events, build your understanding of audiences and learn about the industry's legal, financial and sustainability issues. Tailoring your learning to your ideal career, you'll choose an area to specialise in, and use your expertise to help put on two live events.
- Legal & Financial Management in the Experience Sector
- Audience Insight Project
- Live Digital Event Project
- Team Learning & Performance
- Demonstrating Sustainability
- Live Public Event Project
You'll build your specialist knowledge, and learn analytical and problem-solving skills that are useful in a range of careers. Bringing your abilities together, you'll organise and deliver a complex, multi-agency, live cultural event project.
- Event Innovation Project
- Creative & Ethical Leadership
- Crisis Management for Festivals & Events
- Personal Research Project
- Live Partnership Event Project
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and funding are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fees 2021-22
- Full-time UK - £9,250 per year
- Full-time EU - £16,950 per year
- Full-time international - £16,950 per year
Tuition fees 2022-23
- Full-time UK - £9,250 per year
- Full-time EU - £17,460 per year
- Full-time international - £17,460 per year
What you’ll learn
Through this uniquely creative event management degree, you'll explore the cultural sector's history, politics and other contexts, and take a creative and entrepreneurial approach to products, services and communications. Building individual and teamwork skills, you'll apply cultural management practices like development, marketing and project management to your own productions. You'll also develop critical research and analytical skills, and improve your learning by investigating ideas and practices.
The course is also designed to facilitate progression to higher level study including potential to progress to a wide range of full-time and flexible Master’s degrees in events and related subjects.
What our graduates do
Our recent graduates have begun careers in roles like event manager, marketing officer, campaign consultant and wedding organiser.
Find out what it's like to study BA(Hons) Creative Events Management at Falmouth.
About this institute
For more than 100 years, Falmouth University has been a hub of creative thinking and design innovation. Today, our portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses represents the breadth of the Creative Industries, from art, design and fashion, to gaming, music...
Want to know more about Creative Events Management BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...