Postgraduate Degree in Communications for Intelligent Transport SystemsEURECOM
Post Master's Degree in Communications for Intelligent Transport Systems (Connected Vehicles)
The Post Master's degree in Communications for ITS offers the necessary knowledge required by engineers and managers to design Connected Cars/Connected Mobility applications to fully apprehend the innovations and unique opportunities of the Vehicular Communications industry.
Context - Connected Cars and ITS
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) promise to be one of the most dynamic and innovative specialization fields with a large expected industrial and business growth over the next decade. ITS aims at adding information and communication technologies to transportation infrastructures and vehicles in order to allow public agencies and transportation companies to improve:
- traffic safety by reducing accidents.
- traffic efficiency by regulating and better distributing the traffic load, or smoothing tolling station congestions.
- the carbon footprint towards green driving and logistics, or deploying fully electric vehicles.
The emphasis of the Post Master's degree is on:
- Providing a balanced theoretical and practical expertise required by leading industries in the ITS domain.
- Analysis and quantifications of the benefits of ITS on the environments and the society.
- Understanding the challenges and required mechanisms to efficiently interconnect vehicles and transportation infrastructures.
- Gaining a deep understanding of major application domains of ITS, such as traffic safety, traffic efficiency, or infotainment and comfort.
- Formulation and modeling of problems typically observed in ITS applications,
- Investigation of the impact and benefits of vehicular communications in the different application areas of ITS
To be eligible, Candidates need a Master's degree (minimum 5 years of higher education) or equivalent and a certified B2 level in English. A Master's degree in a relevant field is expected (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Communication Engineerings, Computer Science...) with a good foundation in Maths
EURECOM’s Admission Committee will organize 5 Admission Sessions until June 2019 to assess applications. Please send your application by these dates:
- 14 January 2019
- 01 March 2019
- 01 April 2019
- 02 May 2019
- 07 June 2019
- 12 July 2019 (the 6th session is only opened to students who do not need a French visa)
Scholarships & funding
EURECOM grant a limited number of partial tuition fee waivers to highly ranked students from renowned universities.
Scholarship applications will only be processed after the corresponding application for Master’s programs has been completed online.
EURECOM's Post Master degrees (in French: "Diplôme d'ingénieur de spécialisation") are State Recognized Degrees, accredited by the CTI (official French accreditation body of engineering studies).
About this institute
EURECOM is a Graduate school and Research Centre in Digital Science located in the Sophia Antipolis technology park (French Riviera), a major European place for telecommunications activities. It was founded in 1991 in a consortium form [GIE] that allowed EURECOM...
Want to know more about Postgraduate Degree in Communications for Intelligent Transport Systems ? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.