Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor in Graphic DesignESDi, Design Higher Education School
Bachelor in Graphic Design
If you express yourself better with GIFs than with words, you spend your day saving visual references in social networks and you only buy products with beautiful packagings, there is no doubt: you want be a graphic designer.
In a world where visual culture invades our daily lives, the role of Graphic Design is consolidated as one of the pillars of communication in a multimedia environment and digitized by a series of languages ranging from illustration and screen printing to branding and interface design, contacting various audiences through different platforms.
Degree: Official Degree in Design, Graphic Mention
Credits: 240 ECTS (120 common to all the mentions, 120 specific to the chosen mention)
Duration: 4 years
Language: Spanish / English
By studying the Official University Degree in Graphic Design at ESDi you will be able to express your creativity through visual creations with concepts and messages. We teach our students typography, calligraphy, printing materials and corporate image development.
Graphic design is a key factor in communication. In our workshops, classrooms and sets you will master digital tools, while in our self-labs you will be able to print 3D pieces and experiment with augmented reality.
Applicants for the undergraduate degree courses have to apply via the online application
form on our website.
It’s important to keep in mind that the admissions for each degree are limited and are covered on a first come first serve basis, which is why some groups might be closed several months before the beginning of the academic year.
Once you have officially reserved your spot, you will be able to enroll in the established periods (July: for the ordinary call or September for the extraordinary call).
Admission process steps:
- Request information through our website.
- Formalize the access test (online and free of charge). Depending on the result and if necessary, an interview with an academic leader will be arranged.
- For the Degree in English, you must present an official diploma of Spanish that certifies a minimum level of B2.
- You will receive the letter of acceptance to the requested program from your advisor.
- Make the reservation payment to save your spot.
- Start the enrollment process.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The first two years, common to all the Design Degree itineraries, are centered on basic knowledge subjects, such as photography, technical drawing, and computing. In addition to this, the students are introduced to theory, art history, and professional ethics. From the third year onwards, the Graphic Design student will acquire knowledge of calligraphy, typography, serigraphy, digital image treatment and resources from web design and advertisement.
- Art Theory and History I
- Design Theory and History I
- Representational Drawing
- Technical Drawing I
- Project Basis
- Computing I
- Photography I
- Form Theory and Workshop
- Introduction to Projects
- 2nd Year
Art Theory and History II
- Design Theory and History II
- Literature and Communication
- Business I: Organization and Processes
- Projects I
- Comprehensive Projects I
- Profession Ethics
- Materials and Technology I
- Computing II
- Projects II
- Comprehensive Projects II
- Design Issues
- Business II: Organization and Processes
- Materials and Technology II
- Elective Subjects:
- Typography I
- Computing III
- Book and Project Presentation
- Digital Image Treatment
- Computerised Animation
- Dyes and Finishes
- Departmental Intensification
- Final Degree Project
- Elective Subjects:
- Graphic Arts
- Typography II
- Projects III
- Projects IV
- Website Design
- Graphics for advertising
- Industrial Packaging
- Departmental Intensification
- Elective Workshops and Seminars
- Fundamentals of Digital Culture
- Smart Objects & Digital Fabrication
- Smart Design
- 3D Animation and Holography
- Digital Creation
- Dynamic Data Programming
- Internet of Things
- Smart Projects
Tuition fees: €9.080 per academic year
Scholarships & funding
The Foundation of Textile Design (FUNDIT) is a foundation that fosters design education and research. ESDi’s future will be shaped by the core values of FUNDIT: curricular innovation, pioneer use of curricular experimentation, a visionary’s view and the collaboration between design and technology. The foundation provides financial support and various grants (scholarships and awards).
Successful applicants are adjudicated in compliance with the requirements. There is a limited number of scholarships which are subject to availability. The University reserves the right to withdraw, amend, discount or discontinue any scholarship. Even if an applicant meets scholarship criteria, a scholarship may not be awarded. Applicants will be assessed according to the assessment criteria set out for each program and scholarship category. The decisions made by the University are final and there are no provisions or appeal processes.
- ACADEMIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages academic excellence in future designers. ESDi´s Academic Merit Scholarship recognizes outstanding potential and academic achievement which will ensure success in the bachelor studies. Students must maintain good grades during their jouney at ESDi, if the undergraduate student provides evidence of the scholar’s satisfactory performance and progress, the grant may be renewed for a second, third, and fourth year.
The grant consists on an 80% of discount on the total course.
- CREATIVITY SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages excellence in academic performance by future designers. ESDi´s Creativity scholarship recognizess the next generation of designers and motivates the future careers of those who create. The Creative Scholarships provides an economic discount on the total course to young people who are pursuing studies on a creative field and using creativity as a force for positive social impact. Candidates must
also display personal and academic excellence.
The grant will consist off15% discount on the total course.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages excellence in academic performance by future designers.Receiving financial support could help our students to achieve their dreams. The Financial Support Scholarship offers financial aid to aspiring, talented future designers in exchange for their participation on a project at ESDi.
The grant will consist of 20% discount on the total course.
- o Admissions Scholarship:
- o Foreign National Passport
- o ESDi acceptance letter.
- o Valid General Certificate of Education / High School Diploma / International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- o High school transcript.
- o Have achieved of a minimum of A level / 90 percent overall.
- o A Portfolio.
- o Statement of remuneration paid of the student’s parents (Submitting a document of your parents’ income and financial assets).
- o A certificate in proof of regular income received from abroad (A statement from the student’s parents that they will send money on a monthly basis)
- o High school transcript.
- o A statement from the credit institution to certify the availability of funds (an amount in a foreign bank account of which it has been established that the balance is available to the student during the course of his studies).
How to apply
Email us with the following:
Your first, last name and name of the scholarship in the subject line.
Letter of introduction describing your history, why you are seeking an official undergraduate degree in design and why you feel you would be a good candidate for this scholarship award.
(Attach the required documents).
At ESDi you will learn to:
- create brands with identity
- communicate interaction and user experience prototype with typography and materials
- layout posts
- retouch photographs
- create advertising campaigns
Our students, through ESDi, have collaborated with companies such as Mango, IKEA, Caixa Bank, Adidas, HP, Samsonite, Rosa Clará and more.
- Career Path:
- Development of corporate image
- Art direction
- Multimedia creativity
- Publishing sector
- Video and television
- Packaging (ecodesign)
- Web design
- Typography creation
- Interface design
- Graphic design for cinema and TV
- Design in advertising agencies, communication agencies, design departments and multidisciplinary teams
- Multimedia communication and intelligent interactive systems
- Signaling and identification of internal circuits
- Multicultural signage
About this institute
ESDi, Higher School of Design
Wherever you are in the world, welcome to ESDi, Higher School of Design. ESDi is the top University in Design of Catalonia, Spain, based on the U-Ranking BBVA. Innovation is at the heart of all we do, so it is...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Graphic Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Mental health support after COVID-19
What do you expect from your university?
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America