Bachelor in Fashion Design
If you are amazed when looking at storefronts and fashion shows, you know every trend of the season and you draw clothes sketches on all your notebooks, there is no doubt: you want to be a fashion designer.
Degree: Official Degree in Design, Fashion Mention
Credits: 240 ECTS (120 common to all the mentions, 120 specific to the chosen mention)
Duration: 4 years
Language: Spanish / Catalan / English
By studying the Official University Degree in Fashion Design at ESDi, you will be able to express your creativity through pieces and accessories that meet the demands of the market. We teach our students theoretical and technical knowledge about trends, fabrics, pattern making and clothing.
The current landscape of the fashion industry is a mix of tradition and innovation. In our workshops you will draw, create prints and sew, while in our self-labs you can print 3D garments or use a digital pattern development system (wearables, application of 3D printing techniques and digital pattern making, among others).
Applicants for the undergraduate degree courses have to apply via the online application
form on our website.
It’s important to keep in mind that the admissions for each degree are limited and are covered on a first come first serve basis, which is why some groups might be closed several months before the beginning of the academic year.
Once you have officially reserved your spot, you will be able to enroll in the established periods (July: for the ordinary call or September for the extraordinary call).
Admission process steps:
- Request information through our website.
- Formalize the access test (online and free of charge). Depending on the result and if necessary, an interview with an academic leader will be arranged.
- For the Degree in English, you must present an official diploma of Spanish that certifies a minimum level of B2.
- You will receive the letter of acceptance to the requested program from your advisor.
- Make the reservation payment to save your spot.
- Start the enrollment process.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The first two years, common to all the Design Degree itineraries, are focused on basic knowledge subjects, such as photography, technical drawing, and computing. In addition to this, the students are introduced to theory, art history, and professional ethics. From the third course onwards, the Fashion Design student will focus on fabrics, materials, patterns, dyes, finishes, and opportunities derived from new technologies.
- Art Theory and History I
- Design Theory and History I
- Representational Drawing
- Technical Drawing I
- Project Basis Computing I
- Photography I
- Form Theory and Workshop
- Introduction to Projects
- Art Theory and History II
- Design Theory and History II
- Literature and Communication
- Business I: Organization and Processes Projects I
- Comprehensive Projects I
- Profession Ethics
- Materials and Technology I
- Computing II
- Projects II
- Comprehensive Projects II
- Design Issues
- Business II: Organization and Processes
- Materials and Technology II
- Elective Subjects:
- Collection Concepts
- Textile Design Projects
- Textile Computing
- Pattern Designing and Dressmaking
- History of Fabric and Costume
- Dyes and Finishes Fabric Structures Techniques
- Analysis of Projects
- Departmental Intensification
- Final Degree Project
- Elective Subjects:
- Channels and Techniques
- Fashion Projects I
- 21st Century Fashion: Styling and Fashion Photography
- Fashion Projects II Technology (Pattern Making / Industrial Processes)
- Materials and Technology III
- Departmental Intensification
- Elective Workshops and Seminars
- Fundamentals of Digital Culture
- Smart Objects & Digital Fabrication
- Smart Design
- 3D Animation and Holography
- Digital Creation
- Dynamic Data Programming
- Internet of Things
- Smart Projects E-Commerce
Scholarships & funding
The Foundation of Textile Design (FUNDIT) is a foundation that fosters design education and research. ESDi’s future will be shaped by the core values of FUNDIT: curricular innovation, pioneer use of curricular experimentation, a visionary’s view and the collaboration between design and technology. The foundation provides financial support and various grants (scholarships and awards).
Successful applicants are adjudicated in compliance with the requirements. There is a limited number of scholarships which are subject to availability. The University reserves the right to withdraw, amend, discount or discontinue any scholarship. Even if an applicant meets scholarship criteria, a scholarship may not be awarded. Applicants will be assessed according to the assessment criteria set out for each program and scholarship category. The decisions made by the University are final and there are no provisions or appeal processes.
- ACADEMIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages academic excellence in future designers. ESDi´s Academic Merit Scholarship recognizes outstanding potential and academic achievement which will ensure success in the bachelor studies. Students must maintain good grades during their jouney at ESDi, if the undergraduate student provides evidence of the scholar’s satisfactory performance and progress, the grant may be renewed for a second, third, and fourth year.
The grant consists on an 80% of discount on the total course.
- CREATIVITY SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages excellence in academic performance by future designers. ESDi´s Creativity scholarship recognizess the next generation of designers and motivates the future careers of those who create. The Creative Scholarships provides an economic discount on the total course to young people who are pursuing studies on a creative field and using creativity as a force for positive social impact. Candidates must
also display personal and academic excellence.
The grant will consist off15% discount on the total course.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT SCHOLARSHIP
ESDi encourages excellence in academic performance by future designers.Receiving financial support could help our students to achieve their dreams. The Financial Support Scholarship offers financial aid to aspiring, talented future designers in exchange for their participation on a project at ESDi.
The grant will consist of 20% discount on the total course.
- o Admissions Scholarship:
- o Foreign National Passport
- o ESDi acceptance letter.
- o Valid General Certificate of Education / High School Diploma / International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- o High school transcript.
- o Have achieved of a minimum of A level / 90 percent overall.
- o A Portfolio.
- o Statement of remuneration paid of the student’s parents (Submitting a document of your parents’ income and financial assets).
- o A certificate in proof of regular income received from abroad (A statement from the student’s parents that they will send money on a monthly basis)
- o High school transcript.
- o A statement from the credit institution to certify the availability of funds (an amount in a foreign bank account of which it has been established that the balance is available to the student during the course of his studies).
How to apply
Email us with the following:
Your first, last name and name of the scholarship in the subject line.
Letter of introduction describing your history, why you are seeking an official undergraduate degree in design and why you feel you would be a good candidate for this scholarship award.
(Attach the required documents).
Tuition fees: €9.080 per academic year
At ESDi you will learn to:
- analyze trends
- organize a parade
- make moodboards for setting pose and develop collections manipulate fabrics and materials pose styles and shootings
- create a presentation book / video
Our students, through ESDi, have collaborated with companies such as Mango, IKEA, Caixa Bank, Adidas, HP, Samsonite, Rosa Clará and more.
- Fashion design
- Design of accessories
- Trend analysis
- Creative direction
- Image consulting and personal shopper
- Analysis and fashion criticism
- Fashion illustration
- Advice on design of fabrics, finishes, prints, colors and textures with immersion in Smart Fabrics
- Haute couture companies
- Organization and management of design teams of major brands
- Professional clothing design
About this institute
ESDi, Higher School of Design
Wherever you are in the world, welcome to ESDi, Higher School of Design. ESDi is the top University in Design of Catalonia, Spain, based on the U-Ranking BBVA. Innovation is at the heart of all we do, so it is...
Why study at ESDi, Design Higher Education School
9 reasons to study at ESDi
30 years experience in what we do best
ESDi was the first centre in Spain to offer the Official Degree in Design. Generations of nationally and internationally renowned designers began their creative journeys at this University.
Smart Design Campus
More than 10.000m2 of facilities. ESDi University supports design and innovation through the application of the latest technology. ESDi’s facilities embrace both digital technology and traditional craftsmanship. Our specialist workshops and studios are run by highly-skilled technicians.
ESDi going solar
At ESDi, all our primary energy comes from renewal technologies. Sustainable development is crucial to the entire planet. At ESDi we support understanding the urgent matters regarding sustainability. We support our students to act towards achieving the goals of sustainability development and cooperate with national and international institutions to support the necessary steps to promote sustainable development.
6 design programs to suit everyone. ESDi is the only Spanish university offering a Double Degree in Design and Smart Design in all disciplines (graphic, product, interior, fashion, audiovisual and design management).
ESDi’s academics are top-notch and its professors are among the best in their respective fields. ESDi’s academic programs are taught by researchers and active professional members of distinguished careers in the design field.
We care about your well-being
To complement your academic experience, you will be assigned a student advisor who will provide guidance and support throughout your experience at ESDi. Your advisor is here to help you with your emotional well-being. Your student advisor will provide an atmosphere of trust so you can feel free to talk about your situation in complete confidentiality.
Our connection with the industry
ESDi’s community will benefit from working with the design industry and can enhance their learning with a full program of conference, workshops, expositions and events. We train some of the most employable graduates. 95,5% of the students find a job after a year of graduating.
Our entrepreneur services
ESDi does a great job of encouraging student entrepreneurship. At ESDI we inform and advice young entrepreneurs in terms of advice, financial aid and rent-free workspace.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Fashion Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England
Detroit, United States of America
High Wycombe, England