Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The goal of this program is to train professional physicists who have a broad overview of contemporary physics and are able to join research on their specialized fields.
This program is recommended to applicants who already have their BSc in physics and want to be research physicists by deepening their knowledge.
This program enables students to have broad background in the major fields of physics (atomic and molecular physics, condensed matter physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, statistical physics) and being being specialized in selected areas (astrophysics, atomic and molecular physics, nuclear and heavy ion physics, biophysics, condensed matter physics, computational physics, environmental physics, particle physics, statistical physics and complex system).
A BSc degree in physics is preferred. Other BSc degrees are also accepted if the applicant has acquired at least 65 ECTS credits in Physics (min. 20 credits) and Mathematics (min. 20 credits). Applicants still pursuing their BSc studies should obtain the diploma or at least a certificate of being entitled to the diploma, before starting their MSc studies.
Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B1
Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B1
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Core foundation courses
- Specialized core courses
- Specialized differentiated courses - astrophysics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - atomic and molecular physics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - nuclear and heavy ion physics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - biological physics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - condensed matter physics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - particle physics module
- Specialized differentiated courses - statistical physics and complex systems module
- Specialized differentiated courses - computational physics module
- Advanced level laboratories
The full tuition price for local/EU students is 4190 EUR
The price for International/Non-EU students is 4190 EUR.
- PhD student: a natural continuation of the MSc studies.
- Physicist researcher: successfully completed MSc studies enable one to get a job in a research institute for physics.
- Applied physicist in industry, R&D sector: industrial research and development welcomes young physicists, from automobile/oil/space industry to mobile phone companies.
- Medical physicist: medical centers need professionals who are able to work with high-tech diagnostic devices.
- Physicist in informatics: informatics often needs professionals who know the physical concepts underlying a problem to be solved.
- Physicists in bank sector: the problem solving ability and knowledge of statistical methods enable physicists to work on monetary risk assessment or optimization problems.
For more information please visit the university website.
About this institute
Eötvös Loránd University
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in Hungary, operating continuously since its inception in 1635. As...
Want to know more about Physics MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...