About this program
Master in European Human Rights LL.M. (part-time)
The goal of the program is to shape internationally renowned legal experts who are ready to take challenges in global scale and confident to handle complex issues in international regulatory environment with high level of confidence.
Human Rights have become a significant part of the legal order of the European Union, accompanied with an ever growing social need for better protection. Internationally agreed human rights principles and standards now also increasingly influence economic policy formation.
Applicants have to be in the possession of a Mater level legal degree as this is a second master program.
Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Human Rights Protection - General Overview and Criticial Approaches
- The Operational Mechanisms of the European Union and its Importance for Human Rights Protection
- English Legal Writing
- Fundamental Human Rights in the European Union and the procedure of the European Court of Human Rights
- Overview on the European Convention of Human Rights and The Institutional System and Practice of the European Social Charter
- Human Rights Instruments of the Council of Europe and their enforcement mechanisms
- Comparative Analysis of the National Constitutional Mechanisms of Human Rights Protection
- Sociology of Human Rights
- Citizens’ Rights in the European Union and the European Convention of Human Rights
- The Right to Property and Related Economic Rights; Labor Rights as Human Rights
- Constitutional Interpretation
- The prohibition of torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment; European Criminal Law
- Freedom of Religion and the Status of Churches in Europe
- Communicative Freedoms in the European Union and in the European Convention of Human Rights; Privacy Protection in the EU and Council of Europe
- International and European Refugee Law and Minority
- Equal Treatment and Prohibition of Discrimination
- Right to Justice; Human Rights and the Sociology of Jurisdiction
- The Right to Liberty and Security
- Transitional Justice
- Human Rights and Private Law relations
- The Right to Peace
- Environmental Protection in the European Union
- Business and Human Rights
- Thesis degree
- Optional lecture (Transitional Justice)
The full tuition price for local/EU students is 1000 EUR
The price for International/Non-EU students is 1000 EUR.
Our distinguished program prepares students for outstanding careers in human rights litigation practices, government, academia, business, public policy, international and local NGOs.
Students successfully graduated from the program will be entitled to use an LL.M. title according to the regulations of Act on National Tertiary Education of Hungary. (Act No CCIV of 2011).
- Lawyer specialized in human rights
- Legal expert of human rights
Message the school
About this institute
Eötvös Loránd University
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in Hungary, operating continuously since its inception in 1635. As...
Want to know more about Master in European Human Rights LL.M. (part-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!