Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical)
The Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical) will provide you with the requisite skills in mechanical engineering technology and maintenance to take advantage of the growing demands of the industry.
This program is offered standalone or as an exit point after the first year of the two-year master’s degree.
To gain entry into Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical), we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Materials for Engineers
- Heat Transfer
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Pumps, Compressors, Turbines and Drives
- Process Engineering
- Professional Engineering Management
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Industrial Gas Turbines
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The online Graduate Diploma is delivered on a part-time intensive basis over 4 terms, each of 12 weeks. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
What will I learn/gain:
- Advanced skills and knowledge in the latest developing technologies in mechanical engineering
- Practical guidance from mechanical engineering experts from around the world
- Global networking contacts in academia and industry
- Evaluate theory and applications of materials, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, pumps and compressors
- Analyze and implement heat transfer and fluid dynamic concepts within process engineering
- Assess and demonstrate knowledge of concepts in advanced fluid dynamics, design appropriate systems, and refine problem-solving skills applicable to real-world applications.
- Refine your business knowledge and communication skills and add technical knowledge necessary to lead engineering teams and execute complex solutions.
- In the last unit you’ll examine gas turbines at an advanced level, considering aspects such as expected reliability level, financial considerations and environmental effects.
- Mechanical engineering design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, field services, and technical support
- Oil & gas
- Industrial project management and business development
- Maintenance and condition monitoring
- Automotive engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Water utilities
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!