Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)Engineering Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
Mechanical engineers are responsible for the design, manufacture, and operational processes of anything that moves, from the tiniest, simplest micro-particles to the largest, most complex spacecraft and everything in between. As a mechanical engineer, you have a skill set that is applicable to many industries in the world, including automotive, transport, manufacturing, power generation, medical, consumer goods, and more. This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as a mechanical engineering technologist. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest mechanical engineering technologies.
Entry is available to applicants who hold one of the following:1. Year 12: Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent), completed within the past 3 years, with a minimum score of 60% in Maths;
- Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent) more than 3 years ago will also need to demonstrate relevant work experience in the field of study applied for.
2. A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma or higher or a relevant (to the sub-discipline) overseas qualification equivalent to an Engineering AQF Diploma or higher which was completed within the last 10 years with successful completion of all Maths units/modules + recent industry work experience in a relevant field.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
Entry to this course requires demonstration of English language proficiency at the level of an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5)
The methods of satisfying this English language proficiency requirements are generally through (but not limited to):
- An Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test, such as IELTS (or equivalent).
- Satisfactory completion of another tertiary course offered in English.
- Work history in an organisation where English is the language of communication.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
- Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Industrial Experience Research Project
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering Programming
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
- Pumps, Seals, Compressors and Turbines
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Process Plant Layout, Piping and Pipeline Systems
- Project Planning, Management and Costing
- Fluid Mechanics
- Automation, Measurement, and Control
- Energy Systems
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Condition Monitoring
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Systems
- Technology, Sustainability and Society
- Manufacturing Processes and Technology
- Final Year Project (Mechanical Engineering)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our bachelor’s degrees take three years to complete full-time, and longer for those studying part-time (up to 6 years part-time). You will spend approximately 10 hours per week, per unit, learning the program material, and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical design and manufacturing
- Material fabrication
- Mechanical power
- Thermal power and diesel
- Mechanical engineering contracts, sales, commissioning and consultation
- Building systems
- Industrial operations and maintenance
- Mechanical project management and business development
- Automotive engineering
- Fluid mechanics, hydraulics, pumps and piping
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!