52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical EngineeringEngineering Institute of Technology
52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. Upon completion of this program, students emerge from the course able to demonstrate specialized and integrated technical and theoretical knowledge, with considerable depth, in subject matter related to biomedical engineering.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Perform Technical and Specification Writing
- Engineering Drawings
- Power Electronics and Power Supplies
- Shielding, EMC/EMI, Noise Reduction and Grounding/earthing
- Embedded Microcontrollers
- Troubleshooting Electronics Components and Circuits
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Perform Biomedical Modelling and Simulation
- Anatomy and Physiology for Engineers
- Fundamentals of ICT and Networking for Biomedical Engineers and Technicians
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Biomedical Equipment Design, Standards and Practices
- Biomedical Equipment – Monitoring, Diagnostic and Service Delivery
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Medical Imaging Devices and Image Processing
- Biomechanics and Assistive Technology
- Emerging Technology and Innovation in Biomedical Engineering
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on an intensive part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest biomedical engineering industry
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Recognise and interpret electrical and electronic concepts applicable to biomedical equipment
- Identify and assess fundamental networking and communications parameters
- Develop appropriate procedures necessary to operate and maintain biomedical equipment and instrumentation
- Analyse, diagnose, plan, design and execute solutions with respect to biomedical technologies
- Identify and optimise the data from biomedical and image processing equipment
- Differentiate and justify appropriate biomedical equipment related to measurement and imaging in specific aspects of medicine
- Plan, communicate and implement engineering solutions to typical scenarios related to biomedical equipment and instrumentation systems
- Manage complex projects on time and within budget
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives within organisations
- Develop professional practice in the field
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Field Service Technician
- Medical Equipment Service Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Medical Sales Technician
- Engineering Associate
- Maintenance Technician
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about 52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!