Master of Science in Data ScienceEIT Digital Master School
Master of Science in Data Science
All available course dates
About this program
Master of Science in Data Science
Data abounds. Social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others generate petabytes of data on a daily basis. With a wealth of data available, we are at a point in history, where we can conduct analyses to detect, discover, and, ultimately, better understand the world around us.
The Data Science Master's offers a unique two-year academic programs, whereby students study data science, innovation and entrepreneurship at two different leading European universities.
Students acquire in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualisation, and related concepts.
At the same time, they also acquire extensive business skills by learning how to bring an innovation to the market and developing a successful business model. These additional entrepreneurial skills will give students their ticket to a successful career.
If you wish to apply to this programs you must have a Bachelor of Science in, or be in your final year of studies of:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
The studies should include at least 60 ECTS courses in computer science, computer architecture, or programming, and mathematics including calculus, algebra and mathematical statistics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 (Common courses)
- Machine Learning
- Principles of Algorithmic Techniques
- Big Data Platform
- Language course
- Introduction course for Master's students
- Introduction to Digital Business and Venturing
- Digital Business Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Startup Experience
- Global Business in the Digital Age
- Programming for Data Science
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Natural and Technological Science)
- Research Methodology and Scientific Writing
- Data Mining, Basic Course
- Modelisation and optimisation in machine learning
- Technologies for massive data
- Temporal series
- Data valorization
- Computer vision & machine learning
- Introduction to Data Science
- Foundations of Data Science
- Data Models and Databases
- Machine Learning
- Optimization for Data Science
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Basics
- Business Development Laboratory 1
- Data handling and Analysis
- Advanced Databases
- Operational Research
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Intangible assets management
- Business Development Laboratory 2
- Semantic Web Technologies
- Database security
- Technological Watch
Year 2 (Specializations)
- Specialization courses
- I&E study/career seminar/internship
- Master thesis
- Business Process Intelligence
- Design, Implementation, and Usage of Data Science Instruments
- Distributed Systems & Data Mining for Big Data
- Infrastructures for Large Scale Data Management and Analysis
- Machine Learning, Big Data Management, and Business Analytics
- Multimedia and Web Science for Big Data
- Real-time Data Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data Variety and Veracity
- Data Science for Persona Information
- Artificial Intelligence & Data Mining for Business Intelligence
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships have a duration of two years, are merit-based, and are offered to the top applicants in each programs and each entry point.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Per semester: 2.500 EUR
- Per year: 5.000 EUR
- Per semester: 7.500 EUR
- Per year: 15.000 EUR
Credits: 120 ECTS
Upon completion, graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
Data science is a highly innovative area. The profession was described as "Sexiest Job of the 21st Century," by Harvard Business Review in October 2012. The data scientist simultaneously masters scalable data management, data analysis and domain area expertise to extract key knowledge and solve real-world problems. Data scientists’ skills are highly valued across all fields within the private sector, government and non-profit organisations. This is an opportune time to pursue training in both a challenging and rewarding area of expertise. So join us and embark on a journey of a lifetime!
Message the school
About this institute
All of EIT Digital’s two-year master’s programmes combine the technical essentials with a foundation in innovation and entrepreneurship. You will have the unique opportunity of studying at two renowned universities located across Europe, where you will learn from some of...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
"Not just one year in your life, but your life in a year". That is what they say when they descrive one year studying aboroad. So just imagine how increadible it could be to duplicate this yearly experience and to share it with an increadible network of people who will soon become your "family abroad". This is EIT!
Want to know more about Master of Science in Data Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.