Modern Languages and CulturesEdmonds College
Modern Languages and Cultures
All available course dates
About this program
Modern Languages and Cultures
Our department offers language courses in:
- American Sign Language
Our approach is a communicative one; we emphasize proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in every course. In addition to our focus on communication in the target language, our courses provide students with the strong grammatical base necessary to progress beyond the elementary level.
Moreover, as our department name suggests, cultural instruction is a cornerstone of each and every course we teach. Beyond language classes, we also offer courses that focus on world cultures.
Outside of the classroom, our department is active in advising various foreign language student groups.
- American Sign Language I
- American Sign Language II
- American Sign Language III
- Basic Arabic Grammar
- Arabic I
- Arabic II
- Arabic III
- Basic French Grammar: Lab
- French I
- French II
- French III
- Individual Project in French
- Francophone Cultures: CD
- Basic Japanese Grammar Lab
- Japanese I
- Japanese II
- Japanese III
- Individual Project in Japanese
- Basic Spanish Grammar: Lab
- Spanish I
- Spanish II
- Spanish III
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the website for more information.
Tuition fee* costs for academic year 2021-2022 (September-June):
- Three Quarters: $9,947.40
- One Quarter: $3,315,80
*Based on 15 college/high school credits
$500 Tuition Reduction for the 21-22 Academic Year!
Starting Spring 2021, each new student taking 12 or more High School or College credits will receive a $500 tuition reduction for a maximum of 2 quarters for the 21-22 Academic Year (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring). This amounts to a tuition savings of $1,000 to students!
$50 Application Fee Waived until June 30, 2022!
We are excited to announce that as an additional support to new students, our application fees will be temporary waived. Effective immediately, our application fee of $50 will be waived for all new applications until June 30, 2022.
Placement test fee is waived as well.
Message the school
About this institute
Edmonds College offers two-year university transfer degrees, English as a Second Language (ESL), professional degree certificates and a Washington State High School diploma. Our beautiful park-like campus is located 30 minutes north of the innovative and bustling city of Seattle...
Why study at Edmonds College
At Edmonds College the opportunities are endless!
- High school completion program (finish your high school while earning university credits)
- University transfer degrees- start your bachelor’s degree at Edmonds College, then transfer to a university of your choice. Our graduates have transferred to nationally ranked universities all over Washington, the United States, and abroad!
- Gap year opportunities- study with us for 3, 6 or 9 months. We offer professional certificates that you can earn in 9 months or less.
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science- these hands-on bachelor's degrees provide you with practical skills that prepare you for a job in Family Life Education, Manufacturing and Engineering Technology, Integrated Health Management, and in the fall of 2023, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Edmonds provides free comprehensive support services such as tutoring, advising, and career exploration, all with supportive, caring faculty whose priority is to help students succeed in the United States.
- State-of-the-art facilities- you will have access to the latest technology
- On-campus employment opportunities and upon graduation of a degree or certificate, you qualify for twelve-month employment opportunities in the USA
- We accept applications 4 times a year: January, March, June and September
Want to know more about Modern Languages and Cultures? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!