ECAM LaSalle - Study engineering in Europe
Since 1900, ECAM LaSalle has been perfecting the methods and art of training engineers. The engineering school is accredited by the CTI (Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur) and is known for providing its students with a scientific and human perspective of all major world changes whether economic, industrial or technical. The engineering programs at ECAM LaSalle bring together both technical & scientific training, business knowledge, project management, linguistic abilities, a human dimension and international perspectives. Founded on humanistic and ethical values, the school is dedicated to training budding engineers to carve the world of tomorrow.
Recognised as a French "Grande Ecole", ECAM LaSalle is characterised by:
- A rigorous admission process
- High standards of personal & academic excellence
- Comprehensive training: solid theoretical basis along with concrete hands-on applications
- Strong links with business and industry, and capacity of cooperation and adaptation
- An outward looking tradition, an international exposure
- 2000 students on campus
- 8500 Alumni around the world
- 80000m² campus in the heart of Lyon, 1st Student City in France
- Member of the international network of LaSalle universities
Scholarships & funding
Students entering the 5-year ECAM Engineering program may apply for two types of scholarships.
Students will be able to apply for a scholarship only after being admitted into the ECAM Engineering Program. Applications for grants must be submitted to the ECAM LaSalle Admission Department.
- International Mobility scholarship: – grants from €1,000 - 2,000 consisting in a reduction on the first-year tuition fees.
- IALU Lasallian Network – 10% discount on tuition fees per year
- Students residing in the ECAM LaSalle Halls of Residence may apply for housing benefit (ALS), students are informed of the application procedures at the beginning of the school year
The Auvergne – Rhône-Alpes Region facilitates international mobility for students with regional grants for study periods or work placements. The ECAM LaSalle teams provide the students concerned with all the relevant information before their departure abroad.
For European placements, an ERASMUS mobility grant may also be available within the context of the Lifelong Learning Program (European exchange program)
Why study at ECAM LaSalle
- We offer an innovative and unique program in France that aims to provide students with a solid understanding of engineering sciences together with the development of management, entrepreneurship and innovation skills.
- ECAM Engineering meets the international requirements in terms of Master’s level and allows each student the possibility to get a double degree: an Engineering Degree, delivered by the ECAM LaSalle, and a Master of Science in the chosen concentration.
- Finally, ECAM LaSalle has strong ties with industries and our students build a strong professional network thanks to internships, careers events, challenges. Therefore our students enjoy a high employability rate with an attractive salary.
ECAM LaSalle is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Awards & Accreditations
FRANCE’S 1ST-GENERALIST POST-SECONDARY ENGINEERING SCHOOL
Engineering School Rankings (2021)
FRANCE’S 3RD-BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL
Engineering School Rankings (2021)
CTI - Commission des titres d'ingénieurs
Student services & facilities
True to its LaSallian values,ECAM LaSalle is dedicated to encouraging the personal and professional fulfilment of all its students. As the campus becomes more and more international,ECAM LaSalle is increasing the number of services available to provide the best possible welcome for both French and international students.
ECAM LaSalle’s academic programs of excellence are conducted on two campuses in France - ECAM LaSalle in Lyon, and ECAM Strasbourg, and one in Asia - ECAM Phnom Penh Cambodia.
ECAM Lyon encourages all of our students to not only expand their technical and scientific horizons but to also develop their personal passions and interests. Benefit from a rich and varied student life with more than 46 clubs on campus: from sporting teams to humanitarian, cultural, or technological clubs.
Located in the heart of Lyon, take advantage of life in a vibrant student city!
The Jean Bouisset Residence is situated at the heart of the main level of the campus. There are 150 bedrooms on 3 floors with various facilities available for students such as a gym and recreation room.
The Fourvière Residence is situated next to the Basilica and a five-minute walk from the campus through the gardens, with 14 bedrooms available.
International students or French students from abroad can ask for a bedroom in a CROUS residence. ECAM LaSalle has a convention with the CROUS for those students, with the residence ALLIX – Lyon 5.
LOGIFAC offers accommodation and services to students. LOGIFAC residences are full-equipped and well adapted to student life.
Via-Humanis can also help you find your student accommodation.
For more information on accommodations, please contact the institute.
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
I decided to study in France because I speak French and because ECAM Engineering program is fully in English. My arrival at school was smooth. I received some help from the admissions and international departments. The campus is very nice and green. The classes are interesting. The students are welcoming and friendly.
When I was in India, I was very involved in science and robotics. The 5-year ECAM Engineering program corresponds thus perfectly to my expectations and my professional project. Indeed, it’s a program in mechanical and electrical engineering with a dual degree in choice of concentrations, in particulary in Robotics
As part of the ECAM Engineering program, each student have almost a year of hands-on experience. During my fisrt student-year, I had the opportunity to do an internship in a water treatment plant in Mexico. This experience helped me develop my professional projects and helped me mature as person.