Bachelor of Science : Biological Sciences
The Biological Sciences Program promotes an understanding of life spanning all levels of organizations, starting from atoms, molecules to cells, and organisms to ecosystems.
The program offers a Bachelor of Science in Biology, which provides students with a rigorous background in the field. Students interested in Nursing may also pursue an Associates in Liberal Arts with a focus on Biology, which provides them with the necessary prerequisites for Nursing School. The Biological Sciences program is designed to increase and optimize the student’s future opportunities. It prepares them for graduate work, entrance exams, professional and/or research-oriented further studies and careers in biology and health sciences. To elaborate, the program offers courses such Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Statistics, Life Span Development and Abnormal Psychology, most of which are the prerequisites for nursing school.
Our program consists of 4 faculty members having a wide spectrum of experience outside of teaching, which enhances the overall academic experience. Students will also have several opportunities for learning outside the classroom, including seminars, field visits, internships and opportunities for research.
Consistent with the mission of East West University (EWU), the Biological Sciences Program aims to provide quality education to a diverse student body using wide ranging and experiential classroom interventions. The Program strives to create and maintain a challenging, yet supportive learning environment which facilitates student growth.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- A High school diploma or a GED completion certificate.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited college(s) attended.
- The results of the ACT or SAT examinations.
- A completed East-West University Application for Admissions and the non-refundable application fee. The results of the TOEFL (for foreign students only).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Courses
English & Communications
- Rhetoric and Style
- Writing from Sources
- Practical Research Writing
- Senior Seminar
Mathematics and Science
- General Education Math
- Intermediate Algebra
- College Algebra
- Fundamentals of Statistics
Behavioral & Social Sciences & Humanities
- East-West Signature Course
- Introduction to Psychology
- Life Span Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Computer Technology and Applications
- Biology of the Cell / Lab
- Biology of the Organism / Lab
- Botany / Lab
- Zoology / Lab
- Inorganic Chemistry I / Lab
- Inorganic Chemistry II / Lab
- Organic Chemistry I / Lab
- Organic Chemistry II / Lab
Major Field Courses + Capstone
- College Physics I / Lab
- College Physics II / Lab
- Seminar in Biology
- Scientific Research
- Anatomy and Physiology I / Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II / Lab
- Microbiology / Lab
- Molecular Physiology
- Senior Project: Capstone
- Desktop Applications
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
International Student Tuition: $7,550.
It includes tuition, University, and registration fee.
The educational objectives of the Biological Sciences Program are to produce graduates who:
- Demonstrate a mastery of subject area
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of fields and approaches within Biology
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the relationships among Biology and other fields
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific process, analyze data and communicate scientific information through lectures and laboratory exercises
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the relevant technical skills that are necessary for a successful transition into professional schools, graduate programs, or careers in science
- Ability to tackle the professional school entrance exams (MCAT, DAT, RN, LPN or VCAT)
Top opportunities after Biology
A biology degree provides the foundational training necessary to pursue further (graduate or professional) studies and/or career opportunities:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physicians Assistant
- Physician and Surgeon
- Research: Biochemist or Biophysicist
- Food or Environmental Scientist
- Zoologist or Wildlife Biologist
- Lab technician
- Genetic Counselor
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathologist
- Health Educator
- Law: Medical Malpractice or Environmental Attorney
About this institute
East-West University educates students to participate in a global society. A pioneer in diversity, the University opens doors of academic and intellectual opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. Faculty members engage students in rigorous study and research,...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science : Biological Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...