About this program
Bachelor of Behavioral Sciences – Sociology Concentration
If you’re interested in studying human behavior, particularly as it relates to patterns of human group activity and interaction, then you should look at East-West University’s bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences with a focus on sociology.
In studying patterns of human behavior and interaction as well as the tension between individual choice and agency, the science of sociology explores a wide range of human behavior. From child-rearing patterns and the social meaning behind religious practices to the behavior of prisoners under a lockdown or even variations of levels of trust in government among members of different ethnic groups, sociology covers a lot of ground. The right degree program in sociology can also open doors to job possibilities in several fields.
Degree requirements are wide-ranging, giving students of this concentration excellent preparation for a variety of social science graduate degree programs. If you want to prepare for a graduate or professional school program, you should take courses in statistics, math, network analysis, computer programming, written and oral communication, foreign languages, and interpersonal skill development. These subjects will complement your sociological background and give you the ability to apply analytics tools to social and business problems. These courses also give you the ability to communicate with and lead diverse teams who work on these problems.
A BHS degree with a sociology focus on can also serve as an effective pre-law or pre-public policy preparation. Social issues and activism frequently lie at the intersection of sociology, law, and public policy, including criminal justice, family law, feminist policy, and environmental affairs. Related sociology internships and/or volunteer work can expose students to legal and policy issues and activist opportunities for social change.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- A High school diploma or a GED completion certificate.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited college(s) attended.
- The results of the ACT or SAT examinations.
- A completed East-West University Application for Admissions and the non-refundable application fee. The results of the TOEFL (for foreign students only).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program embodies three broad blocks of curricular requirements or components:
- I: General Education Core
- II: BHS core and concentration courses
- III: Elective courses
I: General Education Core courses:
- 5 specified courses in English and Communications for a total of 20 quarter hours;
- 1 specified mathematics course, one biology course, and 12 additional hours from biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified humanities course and 16 additional quarter hours selected from behavioral and social sciences and humanities for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified course from computer and information science for a total of 4 hours.
II: BHS Core and selected Sociology concentration area courses
- 11 specified BHS core courses, and an additional 16 hours BHS elective courses for a total of 60 hours
III: Elective courses:
- 56 quarter hours from freely selected courses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
International Student Tuition: $7,550.
It includes tuition, University, and registration fee.
As you explore careers for sociology degrees, a number of opportunities can be found in the human, community or social services industries. Workers who provide administrative support to managers and information technology personnel also represent another major bloc workers with sociology undergraduate degrees.
Message the school
About this institute
East-West University educates students to participate in a global society. A pioneer in diversity, the University opens doors of academic and intellectual opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. Faculty members engage students in rigorous study and research,...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Behavioral Sciences – Sociology Concentration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America