Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Euroculture: Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context
The Master’s Programme Euroculture: Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context (Erasmus Mundus) is a full time, four semesters MA degree programme offered by a Consortium of 8 European universities and 4 non-European universities.
The programme addresses the most challenging, interrelated issues Europe is facing today, such as migration patterns, lasting effects of the 2008 financial crisis, the rapidly changing geo-political context, drawbacks of globalisation, xenophobia, populism and most recently the Brexit, containing a mix of all these elements. The programme builds on more than 15 years of experience of coping with topics and concepts such as multiculturalism, political governance, various levels of (cultural) identity politics (European, national and local) and evolving cultural-social-political processes on the basis of a truly innovative, multilingual, interdisciplinary approach, recognised and financially supported by the European Union.
The programme offers a genuine multicultural and international classroom setting at all partner universities as an integral part of its existence. Mandatory mobility between the different consortium universities is a crucial element of the Euroculture programme. Through its international exchange, the MA Programme Euroculture offers the chance to gain experience with different languages, perspectives, and social and cultural practices. All students study in at least two partner institutions.
The programme offers two tracks to its students. The research track is tailored for further developing research skills at any partner university, and is particularly recommended for students with the aim of pursuing a PhD. The professional track consists of a tailored placements in one of the many associated cultural or political institutions.
The Euroculture programme offers a unique and high-level international learning experience.
As a Euroculture student, you will:
- study issues that are related to European integration and European institutions from multiple perspectives, focusing on the citizen and culture rather than on abstract models and structures.
- learn about approaches and methods from different disciplines including social and cultural studies and international relations.
- study at at least two different universities in Europe and have the chance to do an internship or to attend a third university, including (for a selected group of European students) outside of Europe.
- study and socialise with people from all over the world and from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- take part in an international summer school—Euroculture’s Intensive Programme—with around 100 participants from all partner universities.
- enhance your employability by developing your professional and academic skills and intercultural competences
EU/EEA passport holders:
- €1,475 per semester without insurance and with the standard consortium waiver (€5,900 for the entire programme)
- €1,700 per semester with standard consortium waiver and Insurance (€6,800 for the entire programme)
- €2,025 per semester without waiver nor insurance (€8,100 for the entire programme)
- €2,250 per semester without waiver and with insurance (€9,000 for the entire programme).
Non-EU/EEA passport holders:
- €4,500 per semester, including insurance (€18,000 for the entire programme)
About this institute
Founded in 1886, the University of Deusto is a Spanish Jesuit University with two campuses located in the heart of the Basque cities of Bilbao and San Sebastián, and a third site for Executive Education in Madrid. Recognised by its...
Why study at University of Deusto
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about Euroculture: Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...