About this program
Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc
Grounded in the latest theory, this is a practical program that will enable you to develop advanced strategic and digital marketing skills. You will learn how to be analytical, create creative campaigns, and develop research skills that will help you assess markets in-depth. You’ll be taught by a diverse team of experts who can offer you first-hand knowledge and insight into the industry with years of commercial experience to draw from.
This course will help you expand your knowledge of the strategic and critical analytical approaches to marketing, and how digital marketing and social media is planned and executed. You’ll learn about contemporary marketing issues and social and digital media scenarios, which are embedded throughout the course.
Other key themes include insight management, innovation and entrepreneurship, customer management, campaign planning, paid, owned and earned media planning, marketing metrics, working with agencies and international marketing perspectives. Completion of the Direct and Digital Marketing module will give you significant exemptions from the Institute of Direct Marketing’s Certificate in Direct and Digital Marketing.
This is a specialist master's degree for students who already have qualifications in marketing or substantial marketing experience. If you don’t have any previous marketing qualifications or experience in the field, then our Marketing Management MSc is an ideal choice if you’d like to start a career in the industry.
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum pass of 2:2, or overseas equivalent, in marketing or in business or management with substantial marketing content.
Applicants typically require 45 credits, or equivalent, in marketing to receive an offer for this course. Applicants with no marketing experience or fewer than 45 credits should apply for our Marketing Management MSc.
Applicants with no formal qualifications but with significant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Students with the CIM PG Diploma qualification can also take advantage of the CIM top-up scheme. This gives 60 credits exemptions from the taught modules on the MSc.
English Language requirements
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Strategic Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- Managing Advertising and Communications
- Marketing Research in Practice
- Research Methods for Marketers
- Direct and Digital Marketing
You will choose two further elective modules. The following are typical of the elective modules offered:
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Strategic Customer Engagement
- Creative Brand Strategy
- Strategic e-marketing
During the final semester you will complete a:
- Business Research Project (BRP)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Modules include formal lectures, tutorials, workshops and interactive sessions.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £7,700 per year
- International students: £14,600 per year
Graduates from the course are now pursuing successful careers in large multinational organisations and medium-sized entrepreneurial businesses, typically in roles such as product development, brand management, digital marketing, marketing communications, market research, customer service management, e-marketing and sales.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...