Project Management MSc
Designed to meet the increasing demand for effective project management across all industries, this course focuses on the key principles behind project management methodology.
Project management is crucial in all business fields, from the financial sector and information technology, to healthcare and public services. This course helps equip you with the skills and expertise required to to undertake complex business planning in the modern global business environment.
This course is an ideal choice if you’re interested in progressing into a new career or if you’re already a professional who is hoping to gain formal accreditation of existing knowledge and skills.
Real-world challenges and tasks such as product development, change management, software development and event management all benefit from a structured management approach, and this course can teach you how to master this skill. You’ll balance theoretical analysis with practical experience to develop a critical and questioning approach to the conceptual underpinnings of project management. You’ll also have the opportunity to undertake an in-depth dissertation, allowing you to focus your studies on an area that’s of interest to you or relates to your current line of work.
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification.
Work experience is desirable but not essential.
English Language requirements
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Project Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Research Methods
- Risk Management
- Project Management Case Study Analysis
- Project Management Skills
Plus two elective modules from the following list:
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Business Creation and Innovation
- Managing Organisational Change
During the final semester you will complete a:
- Project Management focussed Dissertation
- Business Research Project (BRP)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Teaching will be delivered through formal lectures, informal seminars, tutorials, workshops, discussions and e-learning packages.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £7,700 per year
- International students: £14,600 per year
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Project Management MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain