About this program
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology MSc
Applications can be made using the postgraduate application form, or using the online portal. Please send any queries to email@example.com
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field focusing on the development and production of biopharmaceuticals that could lead to cures for many major diseases.
Globally, pharmaceutical biotechnology courses are rare and no other course offers such a broad scope where, as well as theory, you’ll be able to develop your skills with a key focus on practical content, studying pre-clinical studies, clinic and marketing that will help prepare you for a diverse career in either industry or academia.
Study an interdisciplinary subject based on the teaching and research expertise of our experienced practitioner and research-based staff. Our research is driven by societal strategic priorities and fully aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Areas of expertise include Pharmaceutical Technologies and Nanomedicine, Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Infectious Disease research.
Benefit from major investment in state of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment to match that used in the best industrial laboratories. This includes FACS analysis, confocal microscope, electron microscope, mass spectrometer, fermentation units and tissue culture suites.
An honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject such as in a bioscience or science including pharmacy, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, chemistry, microbiology or molecular biology (or equivalent)
Alternatively, a portfolio of professional and/or academic qualifications of equivalent standing to an honours degree
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Biopharmaceuticals and Molecular Toxicology
- Microbial Fermentation/ Downstream Processing, Drug Development
- Gene Cloning, Expression and Analysis
- Bioinformatics I and II
- Business Creation & Innovation
- Research Methods
- Research Dissertation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £6,875 per year
- International students: £15,100 per year
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Pharmaceutical Biotechnology MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!