Performing Arts BA (Hons)
DMU has a long-established reputation as a Centre for Excellence in Performance Arts, which reflects our commitment to innovative and excellent teaching and learning.
This course incorporates many contemporary arts disciplines, such as acting, dance, voice, physical theatre, music theatre, sound design and digital video. It celebrates and investigates the possibilities of live and digital arts in a range of performance contexts, from the traditional to the avant-garde.
With a focus on making performance, you can tailor your studies across three themes – contemporary performance, digital performance or applied arts and education. You will be supported to develop as an innovative artist able to create, perform and manage yourself, and others, within the national and international performing arts industries.
Our graduates are dynamic, creative practitioners who can take a piece of performance right through from creative brief to public performance – skills that are attractive to potential employers.
Typical entry requirements
- 112 points from at least 2 A'levels or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above.
We will normally require students have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Dramatic Performance Project
- Post-Dramatic Performance Project
- Contemporary Music Theatre Project
- Physical Theatre Project
- Curve Company 1
- Performing Mixed Reality
- Intercultural Performance Identities
- Deconstructing Performance
- Perspectives on Performance and Digital Arts
- Applied Performance
- Dance Techniques 2
- Teaching and Leading Dance 1
- Enterprise and Promotion 1
- Devised Theatre and Performance
- The Healthy Practitioner
- Technical Stage Production
Students choose from a range of modules offered from the list below. This enables students, in their final year, to specialise. Modules offered may include:
- Performance Company
- International Performance Project
- Performance Research Project 1
- Performance Research Project 2
- Education and the Performing Arts
- Teaching and Leading Dance 2
- Live Art and Experimental Performance
- Music, Media and Community Arts
- Music Industry Management
- Creative Media and Performance 1
- Creative Media and Performance 2
- Placement 1
- Enterprise and Promotion 2
- Contemporary Screen Dance: Concept to Production
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Take a look at this stunning showcase of our performance arts courses.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Performing Arts BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America