Medical Law and Ethics LLM (Distance Learning)
Reasons to study Medical Law and Ethics at DMU:
The course applies our staff expertise in medical law and ethics to issues that you will encounter in the workplace. You will be taught by staff with healthcare experience as well as backgrounds in law. Within the LLM program, each student has the opportunity to develop his or her own interests with the freedom to choose from a range of module options.
- Informa Connect - This course is delivered in partnership with Informa Connect – An Informa Business, an organisation dedicated to working with leading academic bodies to provide high-calibre and well respected distance learning postgraduate courses
- Develop your own personal pathway - This course combines one core module with a diverse range of optional modules
- Study at your own pace - Enjoy flexible distance learning, with the option to exit at one of several points with a postgraduate award
- Differentiate yourself in the job market - Gain a competitive edge by increasing your knowledge of medical law
- Boost your employability - Improve your career and employability options in a globalised job market
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an appropriate professional qualification. Some background knowledge of law is useful , but a degree in law is not essential.
English Language requirements
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.5 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Introduction to Healthcare Law and Ethics
This module will introduce you to the structure of the NHS, professional self-regulation and access to healthcare. You will also look at the legal concepts of criminal and civil liabilities underpinned by ethical theories and principles.
You will also select elective modules which might include:
- Medical Negligence
- Patient Safety, Quality & Professional Regulation in Healthcare Law
- Consent and Incapacitated Patient
- Coroners Law
- Expert Evidence
- Issues Relating to the Creation and Saving of Life
- Issues Relating to the Termination of Life
- Medical Research Law
- Mental Health Law
- Negotiated Study
- Philosophy of Health Care
- Dental Law, Practice and Ethics
You must also undertake a dissertation, providing an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of the law. You will need to apply and enhance your technical knowledge and critical awareness in a subject of your choice. In order to obtain the LLM in Medical Law and Ethics your dissertation must have a medical law theme.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please check the website for more information about tuition fees
This course equips you to enter legal and other work relating to medical and ethical issues.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Want to know more about Medical Law and Ethics LLM (Distance Learning)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...