Mechatronics MScDe Montfort University
All available course dates
Mechatronics integrates the theory and practice of mechanical, electrical and computer based disciplines, to enable the design, modelling and development of intelligent machines, products and systems.
Mechatronic engineers are in great demand as more industries seek to apply the advances in computers, electronics, sensors, and actuators to improve their products, processes and services. Our course aims to produce dynamic graduates who can operate in industry at the highest level.
Course modules include Mechatronics Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence which introduces you to model-based system engineering and the mechatronic philosophies of design, Programming and Software Engineering to develop knowledge of efficient programming approaches to software engineering with an emphasis on practical programming skills and Engineering Business Environment which enable students to understand and reflect upon the role of business in a rapidly changing, globalised world.
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
If you have no formal academic qualifications but do have extensive industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mechatronics Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- Programming and Software Engineering
- Engineering Business Environment
Choose 1 out of the 3 optional modules:
- Advanced Computer Aided Design & Finite Element Analysis
- Digital Manufacturing
- Study Skills and Research Methods
Choose 3 out of the 5 optional modules:
- Microprocessor Applications and Digital Signal Processing
- Machine Vision, Robotics and Flexible Automation
- Advanced Dynamics and Control
- Systems Operations Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Teaching is delivered through a variety of methods including lectures, tutorials and laboratories. You will be expected to undertake self-directed study.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £8,170 per year
- International students: £16,100 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Our graduates have forged successful careers in a range of industries including robotics and automation systems, manufacturing, machine vision, automotive, aerospace, material processing, energy and power. They are employed as engineers and project managers for roles in design, research and product development.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Mechatronics MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic
Be'er Sheva, Israel