About this program
Law LLB (Hons)
This specialised, fully-qualifying law degree provides you with the classic route to training as a legal professional.
It focuses on criminal law and criminal justice, giving you knowledge of how the criminal justice system works, an understanding of crime and its effects on society, and how you as a legal professional can develop strategies to combat or prosecute against it.
You will study in our dedicated law environment, which includes a mock courtroom, client interviewing room and an integrated law library.
Study a range of topics such as Family Law, Issues in Civil Liberties, Substantive Law of the European Union and Law of Evidence.
- A typical offer is 120 UCAS points. You need to study at least two subjects at A Level, or
- BTEC National Diploma/Extended Diploma at DMM
Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent
Alternative qualifications include:
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
- English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade 4
We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 28+ points
We welcome applications from mature students with non-standard qualifications and recognise all other equivalent and international qualifications.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
All years have the opportunity to hone their legal skills by engaging with our Legal Advice Centre, which provides advice to businesses, organisations and individuals, with the opportunity to claim Qualifying Work Experience to speed your way to qualification as a Solicitor.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
We offer an equitable and inclusive approach to learning and teaching for all our students. Known as the Universal Design for Learning (UDL), our teaching approach has been recognised as sector leading. UDL means we offer a wide variety of support, facilities and technology to all students, including those with disabilities and specific learning differences.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Law of Contract
- Criminal Law
- English and European Legal Contexts
Choose optional modules from the following:
- Family Law
- Law of Tort*
- Law and Lawyering: International Perspectives***
- The Lawyer in the Marketplace: Entrepreneurship and Commercial Awareness***
- Land Law*
- Business Entities
- European Union Public Law
- Human Rights
- Issues in Civil Liberties
- Law and Religion
- Police Powers and Public Order
- Private Law of Consumer Protection
- Public Law of Consumer Protection
- Substantive Law of the European Union
Choose optional modules from the following:
- Advanced Criminal Law
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Contemporary Issues in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory***
- E Commerce Law
- Equity and Trusts*
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Child Law
- International Law
- Employment Law
- Law and Medicine
- Law of Evidence
- Lawyering: Advocacy, Negotiation and Ethics
- Legal Research Project**
- Social Justice
- Sports Law
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Law LLB (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!