Interior Design (Top Up) BA (Hons) (Online)
The BA (Hons) Top-Up Degree in Interior Design consists of the final year from the full BA (Hons) Interior Design. For the first of your 3 modules you can choose to study Hotel Design or Exhibition Design depending upon which areas you would like to include in your professional portfolio.
This is followed by a self-selected research project in an area of design close to your heart. Your year will finish with your Design Based Final Project, which you will have developed in conjunction with your Personal Tutor.
Those who wish to top-up their FdA, BTEC (Level 4&5), HND or International 2 year degree in interior design to a full BA (Hons) Interior Design with just one year’s online study. This is an ideal route to a career as a professional interior designer or to progress onto an M.A.
Direct entry students, students transferring from another institution and international students with equivalent qualifications or alternatively, those with a CV and portfolio of relevant industry experience, are all welcome to apply: all applications are treated on an individual basis. There are no term times – so you can apply and start at any time.
Applicants should hold one of the following:
- Foundation Degree in Interior Design, or equivalent design subject.
- BTEC (Level 4&5), HND or international two year degree in a design based subject.
- CV and portfolio of Interior Design experience.
The course is taught in English, so international students will require a good standard of written English to study. IELTS average 6.5 or TOEFL score of 550 is usually required, however all students are considered on an individual basis as we are aware that many international students have already been taught in English at school, college or university.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Establish your own commercial or residential interior design practice
- Work as a freelance designer in the exciting world of interior design
- Work within a design or architectural practice
- Work within a property development company as a home staging/ show home designer
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The VLS is our exclusive, online resource which replaces the normal lectures given in Colleges and Universities. This provides links to other online resources and may contain videos, images, quizzes and lectures.
- Tuition fees for UK students: £5,950 per year
- Tuition fees for international students: £7,950 per year
Take your career to the next level!
- Complete your BA (Hons) you will be offered a guaranteed place on the Online M.A. Interior Design with a generous progression scholarship
- You can study flexibly, around your new career in Interior Design
- With a Master’s Degree you will be qualified for a senior or management role within the design industry
- Exhibition Design
- Hotel Design
- Research Study
- Independent Study
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Interior Design (Top Up) BA (Hons) (Online)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America