Interior Design BA (Hons) (Online)
The BA (Hons) Interior Design course offers students a more in-depth and professional approach to specific interior design projects both residential and commercial. It takes you from the history of interior design to the latest trends in contemporary interiors. It includes modules on space planning, furniture, creative lighting and the art of show home design & home staging – in high demand throughout the industry.
The degree also includes all elements of the client brief and professional practice to prepare you for your future career in the design industry. You will complete a comprehensive final design project which can form part of your professional portfolio as you enter your exciting career in interior design.
This course is the ideal next step for students who have already successfully completed the Diploma in Professional Interior Design with the National Design Academy, hold an equivalent UK or international qualification in a design subject or alternatively, have a portfolio of relevant industry experience. Direct entry students, transferring students from other institutions, and international students are all welcome. There are no term times – so you can apply and start at any time.
Applicants should hold one of the following:
- NDA Professional Diploma.
- Level 3 Diploma, City & Guilds, NVQ, BTEC, HNC in a Design subject or equivalent.
- A Level in Art and/or Design equivalent.
- Art & Design Foundation Year (university or college).
- Age 21+ portfolio of previous Interior Design experience.
- International Baccalaureate Art & Design equivalent.
- High School Diploma containing Art & Design with portfolio.
- International equivalent qualification.
The course is taught in English, so international students will require a good standard of written English to study. IELTS average 6.5 or TOEFL score of 550 is usually required, however all students are considered on an individual basis as we are aware that many international students have already been taught in English at school, college or university.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Establish your own commercial or residential interior design practice
- Work as a freelance designer in the exciting world of interior design
- Work within a design or architectural practice
- Work within a property development company as a home staging/ show home designer
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The VLS is our exclusive, online resource which replaces the normal lectures given in Colleges and Universities. This provides links to other online resources and may contain videos, images, quizzes and lectures.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £5,250 per year
- International students: £7,650 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Successful students completing this BA (Hons) will be offered a guaranteed place on the NDA Online M.A. Interior Design with a generous progression scholarship.
Take your career to the next level!
- Complete your BA (Hons) you will be offered a guaranteed place on the Online M.A. Interior Design with a generous progression scholarship
- You can study flexibly, around your new career in Interior Design
- With a Master’s Degree you will be qualified for a senior or management role within the design industry
- Research & Contextualisation
- Space Planning
- Design in Historical Context
- Creative Lighting and Technology
- Sustainable Design and Technology
- Home Staging and Show Home Design
- Professional Practice
- Furniture and Furnishings
- Exhibition Design
- Hotel Design
- Research Study
- Independent Study
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Interior Design BA (Hons) (Online)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America