Fashion Textile Design BA (Hons)
Become a fashion material specialist by exploring and combining a broad range of practical skills across print, stitch, embellishment and knit. Develop research, conceptual, creative and technical abilities, alongside practical skills such as pattern cutting, construction, fashion illustration and digital portfolio promotion.
Determine your own creative direction by choosing or mixing technical specialisms to your style, context, technical skills and market focus. This will help prepare you for a career in the multibillion-pound fashion industry, where you can benefit from countless opportunities to develop, progress and learn new skills.
We encourage you to become conversant in a broad fashion context, while honing your specialist fashion textile design skills. There will be opportunities to broaden your creative thinking by networking with visiting lecturers from industry, who have previously included Phoebe English, Jane Bowler, Katie Roberts-Wood, Helen Bullock and David Longshaw.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A ‘levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Design Cultures 1
- Design Cultures 2
- Design Cultures 3
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Our graduates have forged careers in a range of areas within the fashion and textiles industry, freelancing for or working in design agencies, developing their own businesses, or designing for big brands such as Calvin Klein, Vivienne Westwood, Ted Baker, The Cambridge Satchel Company and Jaguar Land Rover.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Fashion Textile Design BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic