Drama BA (Hons)
Informed by a mix of contemporary methods of performance making, current scholarly thinking and historical theatrical traditions, this course is ideal for those seeking a career in a range of arts-related areas. You will engage both creatively and critically with a range of topics including acting, performing, directing and theatre for social change, while being supported to develop your own artistic vision, personal interests and aspirations.
The course offers you the opportunity to learn about Drama in a rich variety of ways by working with professional researchers, research-active academics and visiting practitioners.
You will benefit from great facilities that have contributed to DMU being recognised as a Centre for Excellence in Performance Arts – an accolade that also reflects our commitment to innovative and excellent teaching and learning.
Real-life experience is offered through undertaking placements and internships, getting involved in professional performances, going on theatre trips at home and abroad, and showcasing your work to a variety of audiences.
- 112 points from at least 2 A'levels or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above.
We will normally require students have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Acting and Performing
- Drama Performance Project: Collaboration
- Performance in Context: History and Analysis
- Theatre for Social Change
- Performance in Context: Culture and Theory
- You will take the above module and choose from:
- Curve Company 1
- Popular Performance
- Devised Theatre and Performance
- Drama Performance Project: Staging
- Drama and the Community
- Drama Research Project
- Performance as Research
You will take one of the above modules and choose from:
- Live Art and Experimental Performance
- Curve Company 2
- Engaging with Creative Industries
- Political Performance
- Drama Performance Project: Production
- Education and Performing Arts
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250
- International students: £14,250
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Our Drama graduates learn how to gain strong skills in critical analysis, reflection and research, and are taught to acquire excellent oral and written communication skills. By studying this course you can gain the ability to effectively collaborate, devise, organise and self-manage projects, and deal confidently with public performance.
Graduate pursued postgraduate study such as our Performance Practices MA
Previous graduates have developed careers in teaching media and technical theatre production, as well as gone on to work in theatres and community arts organisations, develop personal professional practice, set up a theatre company.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Drama BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America