About this program
Creative Writing (Joint Honours) BA (Hons)
Study Creative Writing with us to find your voice, refine your talent, and put purpose into every word you write. With inspiring, stimulating themes embedded throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills across fiction, poetry, memoir, the graphic novel, screenwriting, non-fiction, audio and performance writing, concrete poetry and new media.
You’ll examine the relationship between word, image, and sound and, by the end of your course, you won’t just be writing – you’ll also be producing your own professional-standard publications. We will also equip you with voice coaching to help you leave DMU as a self-assured public performer.
At DMU, you can study Creative Writing with either Drama, Film Studies or Journalism as a joint honours course. You will choose 50 per cent of your options from Creative Writing and 50 per cent from Drama, Film Studies or Journalism. Combining your Creative Writing study with a complimentary academic discipline ensures that your writing stays fresh with different stimuli and you will develop varied skills to broaden your career opportunities.
Creative Writing and Drama Studies BA (Hons)
- 104 points from at least 2 A'levels
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ Points
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) andGCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above.
We will normally require students have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Exploring Creative Writing
- Writing Identity
- Writing Place
- Word, Image, Sound
- Professional Writing Skills
- Specialism Plus Negotiated Study
- Uncreative Writing and Artificial Intelligence
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Our graduates have strong linguistic, reasoning and analytical skills, making them highly employable. We develop our students’ information analysis and presentation skills to produce articulate, adaptable, professional communicators who can operate with ease in any setting and with any group of people.
Creative Writing graduate Kimberley Redway has achieved her ambition of becoming a published author and was commissioned by Bloomsbury Publishing, resulting in a heartwarming take on black identity in modern Britain. She said: “DMU taught me so much, like how to finish a novel, how to write to a brief by taking different subjects and making them your own and how to be entrepreneurial.”
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Creative Writing (Joint Honours) BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America