About this program
Business Management in Sport MSc
The Business Management in Sport MSc is a programme that will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of the management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules. In addition, the programme focuses on ethical considerations, major competitions, sports marketing, heritage and sport’s political, social, economic, and cultural contexts.
This course is ideal for individuals who hold a degree in sport (management, science, or other sport disciplines), event management, marketing, media, business or the humanities and are looking to begin a career or are in the early stages of a career in the sporting industry.
During this course, you will develop knowledge of sport management on local, national, international and global levels to prepare for a career in the sector.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a DMU Global experience and choose a language study option. Amongst the global opportunities within the Sport Heritage module students will visit historical sport sites. Previous students have visited sites such as the Munich Olympic Park, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen ski jump, and Allianz Arena in Germany.
In addition, as well as gaining experience working directly within a sport organisation through the Sport Fieldwork Experience, you will also have the opportunity to gain further experience directly with a sport business or organization through the Executive Company Project if selected as the final research project.
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification. Other undergraduate subjects will be considered on an individual basis by the course leader.
Students may also be considered if they have no formal qualifications but extensive industry experience.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mega-Event: Global Sport in Perspective
- Ethics in Sport Management and Governance
- Sports Heritage and Legacy Management
- Sport Fieldwork Experience
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £8,350
A Business Management in Sport MSc will open up a wide range of career opportunities as you develop a broad base of skills that are in great demand with global employers.
You may choose to pursue a career within governing bodies, federations, clubs, sponsors, marketing organisations, the media, local and central government, or legacy and heritage organisations.
You will benefit from access to DMU’s established Careers and Employability Team, who offer employability sessions and workshops, with personalised support via a careers coach to advise you on your options and to help develop your plans.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Business Management in Sport MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!