Business Law LLB (Hons)
The Business Law LLB at DMU allows you to focus on all aspects of business and commercial law. You can specialise in areas including international trade law, competition law and company law, giving youthe breadth of knowledgeyou need to start your career as a business legal professional.
In the first year youwillstudy four core modules to give you a strong foundation in law. In years two and three you are free to select the modules that reflect your own interests and career aims, although certain modules are compulsory if you want to achieve qualifying status.
In addition, to ensure students graduate with the key skills to succeed in the marketplace we now offer a module called ‘The Lawyer in the Marketplace’ which will develop your commercial awareness and entrepreneurial skillsby understanding the many skills that a lawyer in the marketplace can add to any commercial or socially enterprising organisation.You will also benefit fromnetworking opportunities for law students, with the Law School's professional links.
- A typical offer is 112 UCAS points. You need to study at least two subjects at A-level or equivalent (eg BTEC)
- You must have at least five GCSEs at grades A*–C including English Language
Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade C
We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ points
If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Law of Contract
- Criminal Law
- English and European Legal Contexts
- Business Entities
Plus option modules from the following indicative list:
- European Union Public Law
- Substantive Law of the European Union
- Land Law
- Law of Tort
- The Lawyer in the Marketplace
- Law and Lawyering: International Perspectives
- Entrepreneurship and Commercial Awareness
- Private Law of Consumer Protection
- Public Law of Consumer Protection
Optional modules may include:
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Employment Law
- E Commerce
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Law
- Legal Research Project
- Sports Law
- Social Justice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Our Leicester De Montfort Law School provides a unique programme for final year students who wish to pursue a research or academic career to work as paid researchers supporting major research projects and to develop their own research expertise.
All students can hone their legal skills by engaging with our Legal Advice Centre, which provides advice to businesses, organisations and individuals, with the opportunity to claim Qualifying Work Experience to speed your way to qualification as a Solicitor.
In addition, recent graduates from our Law School have gone onto careers such as Legal Associate at Barratt Developments PLC, Case Worker at Ministry of Justice, Investigation Support Assistant at Leicestershire Police and Prosecution Manager at Arriva Rail North.
Recent graduates from the Faculty of Business and Law share highlights of their time at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU).
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Business Law LLB (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia