De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health & Life Science; Computing, Engineering & Media; Art, Design & Humanities.
We have a long list of accreditations by professional bodies such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) and Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) meaning students can gain exemptions from professional qualifications after graduation.
DMU is proud to be ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017, which means we have the highest quality of teachers and our degrees are extremely well linked to the industry which places us in the top 20 in the country for employability. Students benefit from unforgettable international experiences, as well as great facilities in a 21st-century university with dramatic buildings, beautiful green spaces, and great places to socialise.
One of the most impressive things about DMU is our campus, which is located right in the city centre of the vibrant city of Leicester. There are more than 15 student halls located on and around campus offering ensuite bedrooms of high quality all within walking distance of the campus and the City Centre.
The city, Leicester has been named as one of the top 10 cities in which to live and work in England and is also one of the most affordable cities to live in for students.
Scholarships & funding
We have a selection of scholarships available for International Students.
International Scholarship: £1500 (first come, first served upon receipt of deposit. Limited availability)
Early Payment Discount: £500 (upon receipt of deposit).
High Achievers Scholarship: The scholarship will be assigned as a course fee reduction or a full fee waiver, for those international fee-paying students who wish to study with us during the 2021/2022 session.These are available to international students who have excelled academically in their high school or equivalent studies and have an offer of admission for one of our full-time undergraduate programmes.
Please visit the university website for more information.
Revealed in full. This 60 second version of our new TV advert showcases why we're Proud to be More.
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Awards & Accreditations
General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
Business and Law
CIM, ACCA, ABS
Management and Business
Charted Management Institute
The Best Fashion Schools In The World
Business of Fashion awards (2019)
7th in the UK Fashion and Textiles
RIBA (Part I, II), CIAT, IED
Student services & facilities
- The QEII Leisure Centre provides our students, staff and the general public with state-of-the-art facilities including a 25 metre swimming pool, climbing wall, eight court sports hall, fitness suite and dance studio.
- International Student Services : International Office regional representatives, International Welcome Week, Buddy scheme, English classes
- Library services: A team of lecturers based in the Library who can help you enhance your writing, study skills and academic practice. We offer workshops, assignment drop-ins, individual tutorials and online resources.
- Employability and careers centre : award-winning
DMU’s campus is located in the heart of Leicester. Rich with history, modern successes and a diverse heritage.
The advantages of living and working in Leicester are abundant – it’s been named in the top three UK student cities, just behind Manchester and Cambridge, in the Student Living Index 2020 compiled by NatWest. It’s also chosen as one of the top 10 UK cities to start a business in a report published by StartUpsGeek.com, as well as ranked the third most progressive city in the UK when it comes to tackling social and environmental issues in a survey by Bankrate UK.
Leicester has a great choice of shops, restaurants, bars, and a lively mix of music, film, sport, comedy and culture as well as lots of green spaces within and surrounding the boundaries. Our students tell us it’s ‘the perfect size’ – big and historic enough to impress, yet compact, friendly and safe enough to call home.
De Montfort are proud to be opening a campus in Dubai soon, and we have projects in other countries in Central Asia on the horizon.
"I love the fact that the uni is on historical ground in Leicester yet it has such a modern campus and atmosphere. I think universities like DMU are universities of the future!"
Rowan, Drama Studies
Leicester is a multicultural and welcoming city which has been rated as one of the top 10 best cities in the UK in which to live and work. Our campus is less than five minutes from the city centre and as things hopefully continue to get back to normal, you’ll be able to carry on enjoying everything our city has to offer including shopping, sport, music, theatre and comedy.
Our Halls of Residence are all within 15 minute walk to campus, and located in the city centre.
We guarantee accomodation for all international students.
Prices vary depending on what type of accommodation you want: en-suite, shared bathroom, entire flat etc.
Please visit the university website for more information.
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.