Master of Business Intelligence
The sheer amount of data that is being produced each and every day is redefining our world: according to IBM, 90 percent of all current data has been created in the last two years alone. The collection and evaluation of this data can transform behaviours, business models, markets and every imaginable organisational structure. The Business Intelligence Program at Dalarna University prepares you to be at the centre of this transformation working within private companies, public organisations and research institutions.
Our program provides you with both hands-on training in the collection and interpretation of data as well as broad knowledge and an understanding of how data analysis is used for decision-making within organisations. You will gain a unique cross-disciplinary skill-set that will prepare you for jobs both of the present day and of the future.
If you want to have an impact on data-driven decisions that affect the daily operations of companies and organisations, then you will find your calling in our Business Intelligence Program.
Specific entry requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Science or Informatics equal to a Swedish Bachelor degree comprising at least 180 credits (60 credits = 1 academic year full-time study), or an equivalent degree.
- Documented English language proficiency equivalent to English B/English 6 at Swedish upper-secondary school
Documents to submit
- Proof of a completed bachelor’s degree, equal to a Swedish bachelor's degree in one of the approved subject areas. It is also possible to apply if you are currently completing the final year of studies leading to such a degree.
- A letter of motivation, if provided will be used as part of the selection process.
- Proof of English proficiency equivalent to English 6 at the Swedish upper-secondary school.
Documenting English language proficiency
The most common tests and important scores that are accepted are:
- IELTS (academic training), 6.5 (with no part of the test below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Internet based): 90 (with a minimum of 20 on the written part)
- TOEFL (paper based): 575 (with a minimum of 4.5 on the written part)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The following courses are mandatory for getting a degree with a major in Business Intelligence:
- Business Intelligence
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Economics of Leadership
- Risk Analysis
- Master's Thesis
The following courses are also available within the BI program.
- Python- and R- programming
- Data Warehousing
- Statistical Learning
- Data Collection and Data Quality
- Logic & Maths
Scholarships & funding
There are a number of scholarships available for successful applicants to this program who are not EU/EEA citizens.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- First Tuition Fee Installment: 67 500 SEK
- Total Tuition Fee: 135 000 SEK
EU/EEA Citizens or exchange students are not required to pay tuition fees.
Tuition fees are paid in one-semester installments and the first payment (67 500 SEK) must be paid no later than June 1st for the program starting in the autumn term and no later than November 10th for the program starting in the spring term. This allows for reasonable processing time for a residence permit application.
Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with a Degree of Master of Science (60 credits), Main Field of Study: Business Intelligence
On completion of the program, students shall be able to:
- Use and implement robust analytical models in organizations within a given time frame.
- Manage large amounts of data in an organisation so as to be able to integrate and incorporate business intelligence into day to day decision making.
- Apply specialized theoretical and practical knowledge to be able to critically analyse, evaluate, synthesize and model data.
- Communicate methods, results, and knowledge using appropriate techniques to both specialists and laymen within an organization.
- Critically analyze and evaluate the relevant tools that an organization uses to better understand their business and to improve decision making.
- Review and reflect on the social and ethical issues, norms and relationships and act to ensure and execute them. Proper care must be ensured while handling sensitive and confidential data. Typical examples include information about bank customers, credit card information, and patient information.
The Master Program in Business Intelligence from DU will prepare you for further studies at the PhD level, including DU's PhD Program in Microdata Analysis. You can also continue to the second year of the Master's Program in Data Science offered by Dalarna University upon completing the BI program.
The short- and long-term outlook for graduates of Dalarna University's Business Intelligence Program is extremely favourable. Restaurants, professional sports teams, retail giants, e-commerce sites and banks are just a few examples of the organisations already implementing BI to improve their organisation so that they can be the leaders in their particular field or industry. Not least, The Harvard Business Review writes that Data Scientists have "the sexiest job of the 21st century", while the US Department of Labor predicts strong growth in the number of positions in the next decade for individuals with a skill set in BI.
The Master Program in Business Intelligence from DU will prepare you for work in an expanding global industry. Possible future positions for our graduates are as follows:
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Growth Trends and Peak Business Periods Analyst
- BI Manager
- Architect and Developer in Business Intelligence
- Marketing Database Analyst
About this institute
Dalarna University is a small, modern university located in the beautiful province of Dalarna in central Sweden. The provincial landscape offers wonderful opportunities for exploration in stunning natural surroundings. The university has two campuses in small towns Falun and Borlänge....
Why study at Dalarna University
Sweden ranked #3 study abroad country
Sweden has been ranked the #3 study abroad country in Europe for 2020! With a high English language proficiency and the headquarters of companies like H&M and Spotify, Sweden was also ranked #1 in Europe for students who want to achieve their career goals.
Want to know more about Master of Business Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...