Natural Resources Management and Ecological EngineeringCzech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
About this program
Natural Resources Management and Ecological Engineering
Global Environmental Protection is a Way to the Sustainability of Life on the Earth
This master´s degree programme is offered to students interested in the environmental protection of all major components of the Earth, with strong focus on the role of sustainable agriculture and forestry in the soil, water and air preservation, and the application of environmentally friendly remedial technologies to improve their quality and properties.
The global growth of goods production and consumption, as well as increased standard of living in last centuries led to the significant exploitation of natural resources through the application of cheap technologies causing the contamination of soil, water, and air. The intensification of agriculture and forestry production adversely impacted the environment, as well as the health of population. The movement of society to the greener and healthier environment and several signed international agreements officially open doors for new jobs and positions in this field. University graduates having deep knowledge about soil properties, plant responses to soil and water storage, as well as about soft and hard technologies to clean the environment can easily find jobs in a wide spectrum of positions.
The master´s programme is designed as a joint degree programme of the Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague (“CZU”) and the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria (“BOKU“) in which both universities jointly award a Master of Science in Natural Resources Management and Ecological Engineering (N-NARMEEM). This joint programme offers unique education and research opportunities at the individual departments of both universities. Students enrolled in this programme are very flexible, and can build their own study profile. Students enrolled at CZU have to spend at least one semester at BOKU to sign up for the offered subjects or for laboratory work with their co-supervisor.
Students acquire deep knowledge in the management of major natural resources, including their restoration. Apart from the major compulsory subjects, they can build their own minor specialization by the selection of optional subjects. The topics for Diploma thesis are closely related to the international and national research projects. Thesis are completed under the supervision of the supervisor from CZU and co-supervisor from BOKU. Thesis defense takes place at CZU in front of a committee consisting of staff from both universities.
- Completed Bachelor's degree (BSc diploma and BSc transcript)
- Internationally recognised language certificate at B1 level
- Letter of recommendation
Is this programme suitable for me?
Natural Resources Management and Ecological Engineering (N-NARMEEM) joint master´s programme is suitable for you if…
- You like to use and apply biological and chemical principles to understand the environment,
- You want to get knowledge about soil, plant, and water and their interactions in the environment,
- You are interested in environmental protection and sustainable development,
- You want to know how to improve quality of soil, water and air,
- You like to join international students’ group,
- You like to study and get experience from two internationally recognised universities,
- You want to live in two beautiful cities Prague and Vienna and explore the countryside of Central Europe.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Meteorology and Climatology
- Agricultural and Environmental Microbiology
- Agricultural Ecology
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- Experimental Design and Statistics
- Soil and Plant Relationship
- Soil and Water Relationship
- Practical Diploma Training
- MSc. Thesis I
- Environment Pollution and Remediation
- MSc. Thesis – Joint Degree
- Practical Diploma Training *
Students can choose from a vast range of compulsory optional subjects and can build their own study profile according to their interest. For details about compulsory optional subjects, please visit the university website.
Scholarships & funding
University/faculty merit scholarship
The Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources offers a merit scholarship to international students of Master’s study programmes taught in English who achieve excellent study results.
Master’s degree students can apply for merit scholarship in their second year of study provided that they achieve study average of 1.0-2.0 in their first year of study. The scholarship ranges from 50% to 10% of annual tuition fee.
Scholarships of the government of the Czech Republic
You can find more information on the website of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
Annual Tution Fees - CZK 80 000 (EUR 3 200)
What will be my career opportunities?
You will have flexible career opportunities in the international and national organisations which take care about environment, protection of water, soil and air, and about the remediation of contaminants. You can apply for positions:
- Managers of governmental and municipal organisations responsible for the environmental protection.
- Managers of state and private companies involved in the monitoring and evaluation of environmental pollution.
- Managers of state and private companies carrying out remediation and restoration of brownfields and damaged sites.
- Independent advisors in international watch organisations.
Message the school
About this institute
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
The Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources is the oldest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague with a 114-year long history of agricultural education and research in Prague. The study programmes focus on areas which are...
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Natural Resources Management and Ecological Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Pretoria, South Africa