General Animal ScienceCzech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
General Animal Science
The General Animal Science study programs has been reflecting changes in society demands and diversification of the animal breeding profession due to a shift from pure economic orientation to a broader understanding of breeding issues, which include excepting the livestock breeding, and special raising of domesticated or non-domesticated animals, including exotics. The programs is directed towards the improvement and specialization of student knowledge in science disciplines, which forms a theoretical basis, with methodical approaches applied in the development of animal breeding. These disciplines deal with biological characteristics, principals, and demands of living organisms, and their interactions with the environment or other organisms in order to maintain and improve fitness and performance of bred animals. Ethology of domesticated and wild animals and breeding of companion animals can also be studied within this study programs.
Document certifying the completion of Master’s study programs (Master’s diploma), ideally in the same or similar field of study as the Doctoral study programs you are applying for.
If your Master’s diploma is issued abroad (with the exception of Slovakia*) and unless the international treaty states otherwise, you need to provide a Certificate of Recognition of foreign higher education and qualification in the Czech Republic .
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Animal Physiology
- Cell Physiology
- Animal Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Applied Ethology
- Animal Nutrition and Feeding
- Reproductive Biotechnology
- Animal Breeding
- Animal Hygiene
- Prevention of Diseases and Fertility Disorders
- Prevention of Parasitoses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Annual Tution Fees - CZK 13 000 (EUR 500)
- as specialists at national or international institutions and companies for conservation and breeding of non-domesticated animals (ZOO, international conservation programss)
- at specialized companies dealing with services for livestock breeding (animal nutrition, reproduction, improvement, animal hygiene etc.), in the area of assisted reproduction, food processing, or laboratory diagnostics
- in private consultancy - in terms of animal training, behavioural disorders, nutrition etc.
- in state administration in the branch of animal commodities, law enforcement (forensic criminology, professional cynology)
- as scientists at research institutes or universities, or as university teachers
About this institute
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
The Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources is the oldest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague with a 114-year long history of agricultural education and research in Prague. The study programmes focus on areas which are...
Want to know more about General Animal Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Doctorate / PhD
Doctorate / PhD