Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)Have you ever wondered what makes people choose certain brands over others? Marketing have one of the most important functions in a successful business. They work out how to persuade their target audience to buy their product or services and how to help companies differentiate themselves from their competitors.This major provides you with an understanding of the role marketing plays in creating customer value. You will have the chance to explore the diverse field of marketing, including international and internet marketing and communication, retail and services marketing, research, product, pricing and promotion strategies, and consumer behaviour.You will learn to analyse the behaviour of competitors and customers to discover how marketing can predict customer demand for products, services or ideas.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Apply principles and concepts in marketing theory to describe, understand, analyse and evaluate marketing issues and problems
- Critically analyse marketing problems and think creatively to generate innovative solutions; apply logical and rational processes in decision making
- Use a variety of methods to access and evaluate useful information from multiple sources, and synthesise this knowledge to make supported judgments relevant to the marketing environment
- Develop marketing plans and reports to effectively communicate problems and solutions to internal managers and external clients
- Use appropriate technologies and electronic resources to effectively collect and analyse marketing data; recognise the advantages and limitations of various technologies
- Employ an intellectual curiosity that is able to integrate new information learnt with existing knowledge, and develop a career long attitude of continuing professional development in the marketing discipline
- Apply an international perspective to marketing issues, and adapt marketing models and strategies for success in the global environment
- Recognise the importance of cultural trends and diversity in market segmentation and analysis to develop culturally sensitive efforts in marketing
- Apply an ethical approach in dealing with various stakeholders in the marketing environment, and demonstrate leadership and professional integrity when working independently and within a team
Scholarships & funding
For scholarship information, please click the "Visit programme webpage" or "Request Information" buttons above.
About this institute
Curtin University Singapore
Curtin University is a global university, with campuses in Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius. The Singapore campus is located in the heart of Singapore city, and offers students a conducive and safe study environment. Curtin Singapore offers a starting...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.