Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
This major gives you a broad understanding of corporate and investment finance. You will learn about investment evaluation, how to fund activities, the roles played by financial markets and instruments, structure and operations of financial markets, and financial securities that trade in financial markets. Finance Major (BCom) has also been accepted into the CFA institute University Recognition Program. The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) credential is the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world and the CFA Program is the first step toward earning this qualification. Recognised status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). This provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the exams which are part of the CFA program.
Year 12, GCE A Level, SAT, IB Diploma or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communicate in oral, written, qualitative and quantitative media channels; be able to syntheses and select appropriate communication schemes dependent upon the nature of problem and audience
- Distinguish, identify and apply available technologies and methodologies to investigate financial issues
- Identify new developments in the field of finance and integrate available strategies into the existing body of knowledge; and be able to reflect upon their implications for the finance discipline
- Understand the implications and potential impacts of current developments in the national and international capital markets on both domestic and international economies
- Understand the importance and impact of cultural diversity on making financial decisions in both national and international contexts
- Apply acquired skills individually and in a group to facilitate the understanding and solution of financial issues in a professional and ethical manner
- Understand, apply and analyse financial knowledge and issues and their impacts on national and international financial markets
- Identify structures and formulate issues and apply appropriate skills to solve capital market problems
- Collect and analyse empirical data and conceptual information and be able to synthesis into appropriate frameworks for analysis of financial issues
Scholarships & funding
For scholarship information, please click the "Visit programme webpage" or "Request Information" buttons above.
About this institute
Curtin University Singapore
Curtin University is a global university, with campuses in Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius. The Singapore campus is located in the heart of Singapore city, and offers students a conducive and safe study environment. Curtin Singapore offers a starting...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.