About this program
Our postgraduate courses in this discipline can offer diverse and challenging careers and have been designed to provide professional training to those already employed in the food industry and those in other science fields.
In this course you will take a range of specialised coursework units, complemented by laboratory classes and industry site visits. You will study a variety of food science topics while gaining considerable knowledge and essential hands-on experience.
It is possible to exit this course with a Graduate Certificate in Food Science and Technology once you have completed certain units.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- apply and integrate the principles and practices of food sciences and technology to the production, preservation and distribution of safe and healthy food
- apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse issues relevant to food; think creatively to generate innovative solutions
- access, critically evaluate and synthesise information from a wide range of resources using appropriate technologies
- use oral and written communication effectively to scientific and non-scientific audiences
- use appropriate technologies effectively, recognising their advantages and limitations
- engage in self-directed learning and reflective practice habitually
- recognise and apply international standards and practices within the discipline
- value cultural diversity and recognise the impact of culture on food preferences and usage
- exhibit professional behaviour and skills when working independently and collaboratively; behave in an ethical manner
About this institute
Curtin is an innovative, global university known for its high-impact researching, strong industry patnerships and commitment to preparing you for jobs on the future. With an expanding global presence, including locations in Western Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai and Mauritius, Curtin...
Be the first to write a review!