Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Sustainable Tourism ManagementCQUniversity Australia
Master of Sustainable Tourism Management
Tourism is one of the world’s largest industries. The enormous scale of this industry, however, comes at a price in terms of its environmental, socio-cultural and economic impacts. In the past, tourism planning and promotion has mainly focused on growth and expansion; however there is now a greater awareness of the negative impacts that unplanned growth and its linked stresses can have on the environment, society and economy. There is a need for tourism managers to be aware of, and proactive in, the use of sustainability concepts and better planning. The Master of Sustainable Tourism Management provides you with an advanced understanding of sustainable tourism practices that are in place worldwide. The course offers a broad range of core units as well as the opportunity to choose tourism or business related electives.
AQF Level: Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework)
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
- a completed bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, or equivalent; or
- a completed honours degree in tourism management from an Australian university or college, or equivalent; or
- graduates of a CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Tourism Management or Graduate Certificate in Management, or equivalent, may enrol in this course.
International students should visit the university website for further information including English language requirements.
Advanced Standing (Credit for Prior Learning):
- Applicants may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 24 credit points (4 units) may be granted for previously completed AQF 7 undergraduate studies in tourism management or business.
- Applicants may be eligible for exemptions of up to 48 credit points (8 units) for previously completed AQF 8 Honours or postgraduate qualifications in tourism management.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Management and Business Context
- Effective Business Communications
- Managing Human Resources
- Marketing Management and Digital Communications
- Introduction to Sustainable Tourism
- Managing Sustainable Tourism Businesses
- Managing Tourism in Natural and Protected Areas
- Tourism Impacts on Community, Culture and Heritage
- Destination Planning and Management
- Tourism as a Strategy for Sustainable Development
- Social Media and Innovative Methods in Tourism Marketing
- Climate Change and Managing Tourism Risk
- Research in Business
- Professional Project
- Business Internship
- Business Research Project
- International Human Resource Management
- Management Law
- Innovation and Sustainable Business Development
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Business and Management in the Asian Context
- Design Thinking for Managers
- Think Big
- Service Industry Marketing
- Global Marketing
This program costs 14 610 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Interim and exit awards:
CH76 - Graduate Certificate in Management CH77 - Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Tourism Management
Core learning outcomes:
- Apply a systematic understanding of the concepts and outcomes of the triple bottom line approach to sustainability in tourism settings
- Identify, research and analyse complex issues in tourism management and propose appropriate and well-justified solutions that take into account economic and environmental issues as well as the social, ethical and cultural implications of their decisions in a tourism management context
- Apply critical research skills that include problem definition, collection and evaluation of evidence and communicating outcomes
- Communicate complex management ideas in writing and communicate these ideas through written, oral and media platforms and provide insights into significant problems in various tourism settings
- Collaborate responsibly with various teams, exercising leadership and initiative where appropriate
- Operate at a high level of personal autonomy and ethical, legal, social and civic responsibility in the contexts of sustainable tourism practice.
Graduates of this course will increase their opportunities of being employed in middle or top management positions within the tourism industry, government agencies, non-governmental organisations and other organisations with a focus on sustainability.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain