Master of Professional AccountingCQUniversity Australia
Master of Professional Accounting
All available course dates
Master of Professional Accounting
The Master of Professional Accounting will equip you with professional skills in accounting, finance, computer software applications, economics, statistics, and business law. It is suited to those students who meet the entry requirements and seek a career in accounting in Australia. The course will also introduce you to applied research and analysis skills that are highly sought in business. You will have the opportunity to study advanced areas in forensic accounting, financial data analytics and finance, or take a business internship.
AQF Level: Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework)
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
To gain entry to this course, students must have:
- A non-accounting undergraduate degree in any discipline from an Australian university, or AQF equivalent from an overseas institution; or
- An AQF equivalent accounting bachelor degree received from an overseas institution or organisation, that does not meet accreditation with an Australian Accounting registration body for associate membership purposes; or
- A graduate diploma in any discipline from an Australian university.
Note: Students who have successfully completed the CQUniversity Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting will be eligible to apply for credit for units already completed.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Economics for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Accounting in Australia
- Foundations in Accounting
- Foundations of Management Accounting
- Accounting Systems and Information Assurance
- Company Accounting
- Contemporary Accounting Theory
- Auditing and Ethics
- Ethics and Governance
- Australian Commercial Law
- Statistics for Managerial Decisions
- Corporations and Business Structures
- Taxation Law of Australia
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Data Analytics
- Business Internship
- Money and Capital Market Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Behavioural Finance
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
This program costs 15 030 AUD per term.
Interim and exit awards:
CC38 - Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting CC35 - Graduate Diploma of Professional Accounting
Core learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate mastery of the coherent body of knowledge fundamental to accounting and related disciplines, by being able to apply effective professional communications skills to analyse and interpret complex accounting issues
- Use analytical and research skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex accounting problems
- Use appropriate project skills to design, evaluate and implement proposed solutions to accounting problems
- Communicate effectively in complex contexts with professionals and non-professionals
- Exercise a high level of professional judgement to identify and respond to ethical issues in a range of contexts
- Work independently, as a team leader and as part of a team to acquire new knowledge, or to identify and solve accounting related problems
- Reflect on feedback from others to improve performance.
If you are seeking a career change and are interested in a career in accounting, this course is for you. It is ideal if you are interested in employment opportunities in accounting and financial management sectors. Potential fields of employment include financial accounting, management accounting, taxation auditing, teaching finance, banking management, administration, consulting or business advisory services.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia