Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Information SystemsCQUniversity Australia
Master of Information Systems
All available course dates
Master of Information Systems
The Master of Information Systems will extend your information technology knowledge and skills, especially in professional level business analysis. This course will prepare you to contribute to future growth and change by enhancing your individual advancement opportunities. You will focus on particular aspects of technologies, management and organisations. As part of this course, you will have the option of undertaking a minor to enhance your technological skills.
All units have been aligned to the Australian Computer Society (ACS) core body of knowledge.
AQF Level: Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework)
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
To gain entry to this course students must have:
- A bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college;
- or a CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, or equivalent.
Candidates who have completed the CQUniversity CC47 Graduate Diploma of Information Systems, will be granted advanced standing of 6 core units, 1 elective and the first discipline unit.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 - Term 1
- Introduction to Programming
- Project Management Concepts
- Professional Skills in Information Communication Technology
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
Year 1 - Term 2
- ICT Services Management
- Database Design and Development
- Emerging Technologies in E-Business
Year 2 - Term 1
- Knowledge Audits for Business Analysis
- Business Process Management
- Business Intelligence using Big Data
Year 2 - Term 2
- Postgraduate ICT Internship
- Information Systems Project
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Application Development
- Networks and Information Security
- Software Design and Development
This program costs 15 555 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
CC29 - Graduate Certificate in Information Systems CC47 - Graduate Diploma of Information Systems CC33 - Graduate Certificate in Project Management
CC29 - Graduate Certificate in Information Systems CC47 - Graduate Diploma of Information Systems
Core learning outcomes:
- Articulate the latest developments and likely future developments in the information systems industry
- Distinguish between the roles of people and technology in managing knowledge and information in business
- Analyse and model organisational goals and requirements, including the legal, ethical, social and cultural issues that affect the use, design, and implementation of information systems
- Propose information systems solutions that enhance organisational performance
- Critically evaluate the impact of corporate information technology strategies on enterprise outcomes, outputs and processes
- Apply advanced knowledge and research skills in a professional environment
- Work independently, as a leader, or a member of a team employing appropriate interpersonal, professional and technical communication skills
- Manage and evaluate own performance and professional development.
On completing a Master of Information Systems, you will be equipped to pursue or seek career advancement in roles such as the following:
- business analyst
- database administrator
- information and communication technology (ICT) architect
- ICT consultant
- ICT customer support officer
- ICT project manager
- ICT support engineer
- ICT support technician
- systems administrator
- systems analyst
- web developer.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Mental health support after COVID-19
What do you expect from your university?
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia