Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Asset and Maintenance ManagementCQUniversity Australia
Master of Asset and Maintenance Management
The Master of Asset and Maintenance Management is designed to help you continue to study and develop the skills required to conduct applied, industry-based research of real-world problems, following the completion of the graduate diploma course. It will focus your previous learning and leadership skills on creating opportunities to improve maintenance management practices by investigating and resolving a real-world issue affecting the maintenance of an organisation.
This course is ideal if you are currently employed in maintenance engineering or maintenance and asset management, and would like to advance your career by upgrading your knowledge, skills and qualifications.
This course is designed for those who are currently employed in asset and/or maintenance management related positions. Some assessment items will require you to apply the technical content you learn to your workplace.
AQF Level: Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework)
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Current employment in maintenance engineering/maintenance/asset management
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or related discipline OR
- Successful completion of Graduate Diploma of Asset and Maintenance Management with Grade Point Average (GPA) 5 or above.
- Evidence of a suitable Masters project that is supported by the employer organisation. Entry is subject to the availability of a suitable supervisor in the particular research area.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
On entry to the course, students will study the following introductory unit which will assist their transition into the course. Students are encouraged to attend the optional induction workshop for this unit. Check the CQU residential school schedule for details.
- Introduction to Asset and Maintenance Management
Following completion of the introductory unit, students will study the following 3 foundation units.
- Asset Management Systems
- Maintenance Strategies
- Maintenance Organisation
Students will then study the following advanced units.
- Maintenance Leadership
Students must complete 3 from the following units:
- Turnaround Maintenance Management
- Maintenance Materials Management
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety
- Condition Monitoring and Tribology
- Maintenance Audit
Students will then complete a major project over 2 terms. Note that both project units are double weighted (12uc) units.
- Engineering Research Project Planning
- Engineering Research Project Implementation
This program costs 13 560 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Interim and exit awards:
CC19 - Graduate Certificate in Asset and Maintenance Management CC20 - Graduate Diploma of Asset and Maintenance Management
Core learning outcomes:
- Apply advanced knowledge of maintenance and asset management to design creative and sustainable solutions.
- Communicate maintenance management philosophies using a range of technical and research skills across all levels of the industry and beyond.
- Analyse maintenance management practices and issues integrating appropriate research tools and methodologies in order to solve problems.
- Critique existing asset and maintenance management practices considering plant integrity, safety and requirements of regulatory bodies.
- Foster sustainable leadership informed by openness and a desire to manage change and associated ethical and legal responsibilities.
- Foster, lead and contribute to professional networks by utilising an inter-disciplinary approach.
- Critically reflect on self-performance with a focus on quality and accountability, displaying a desire for life-long learning and continuous professional development.
Completing a Master of Asset and Maintenance Management will ensure that you are highly sought after by employers and may open the door to roles such as asset manager, asset consultant, condition monitoring technologist, maintenance manager, reliability engineer or supervisor, specialist maintenance strategist.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...