Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science at CQUniversity has been designed with flexibility in mind, allowing you to major in an area of your choice and pursue a rewarding career in science. You will benefit from hands-on, practical learning experiences both on-campus and in the field.
The first year of the course will provide you with a foundation for a career in the biological, analytical and agricultural sciences and prepare you to major in Applied Biology or Applied Chemistry, both of which will incorporate aspects of environmental studies.
You will benefit from field trips to a variety of destinations, including coral reefs, intertidal and terrestrial ecosystems, mainland vegetation communities, agricultural enterprises, mine and other land degradation sites and freshwater and estuarine environments. You will also have the option to undertake a work placement as part of your studies, allowing you to network professionally while completing your studies.
At CQUniversity, you will also benefit from the research strengths of our staff and gain an insight into unique scientific issues in the Central Queensland region.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
- completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
Biology, Chemistry & Maths B.
- Rank Threshold: OP 14 | SR 70 | ATAR 67.95
- Rank Cut-Off: OP 14 | SR 70 | ATAR 67.95
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Scientific Analysis and Statistics
- Professional Placement or Project
- Atoms, Molecules and Matter
- Life Science Laboratory
- Chemical Investigation and Theory
- Study and Research Skills for Health Science
- Chemical Reactions
- Environmental Monitoring
- Genomes, Genetics & Evolution
- Foundations of Biochemistry
- Research Project
- Applied Biology
- Applied Chemistry
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
This program costs 16 380 AUD per term.
CV93 - Diploma of Science CV94 - Associate Degree of Science
Completion of the Bachelor of Science will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in fields such as:
- chemical and material production
- medical sciences
- mining and metals
- power industries
- environmental science and ecology
- food technology
- forensic analysis
- research and development.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America