Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor of Exercise and Sport SciencesCQUniversity Australia
Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences will equip you with practical skills in the various disciplines relevant to exercise and sport sciences such as anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise physiology, biomechanics, exercise and sport psychology, motor control and learning, and exercise prescription and delivery.
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the processes and mechanisms of the human body as they relate to exercise and sport science and have the flexibility to pursue an area of interest, with your choice of Minor. Benefit from small class sizes and a personalised learning experience that caters to your individual needs, enabling you to graduate work-ready and with skills highly desired by employers. Your studies will include a mix of theory and hands-on laboratory experiences so you can apply what you have learnt directly into practice.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences includes work-integrated learning placements giving you exposure to real workplace environments. During these placements, you will apply skills learned throughout the course and gain practical experience conducting exercise assessment, prescription, and delivery for a range of populations.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
- completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or Untied States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
- Rank Threshold: OP 17 | SR 65 | ATAR 59.9
- Rank Cut-Off: OP 17 | SR 65 | ATAR 59.9
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Human Body Systems 1
- Physical Activity, Fitness and Health
- Skill Acquisition and Movement
- Study and Research Skills for Health Science
- Human Body Systems 2
- Measurement and Evaluation in Health Science
- Introduction to Exercise and Sport Management
- Health and Sports Nutrition
- Exercise and Sport Physiology
- Exercise and Sport Biomechanics
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Applied Exercise and Sport Physiology
- Applied Exercise and Sport Biomechanics
- Applied Skill Acquisition and Movement
- Advanced Exercise Prescription and Delivery
- Advanced Clinical Exercise Science
- Professional Practice in Exercise and Sports Science
- Biomedical Sciences
- Secondary Teaching
- Sport Management
This program costs 14 340 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
CL13 - Diploma of Health Science
Core learning outcomes:
- Identify factors which influence performance in exercise, physical activity, and sport.
- Critically evaluate information from a variety of sources and contexts for the purpose of implementing, monitoring, and assessing exercise programs.
- Analyse the relationships between exercise, physical activity, fitness, sporting performance, and health.
- Exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence in research and professional practice.
- Evaluate recommendations for best practice within the context of exercise and sport science.
- Demonstrate behaviours appropriate of an exercise and sport sciences professional.
The course may be a suitable pathway into further study in exercise and sport science, physiotherapy, medicine and nutrition. If you are interested in teaching physical education at secondary schools, you may choose to go on to complete the Master of Teaching (Secondary).
Completing the Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences is your gateway into many diverse professions in Australia and overseas. Employment opportunities exist in areas such as:
- regional and state sporting organisations
- corporate health and fitness
- government agencies associated with exercise, sport, physical activity and health
- sports institutes and academies
- professional sports training, coaching and development, strength and conditioning
- rehabilitation clinics and hospitals
- private business in personal training and rehabilitation
- universities and colleges with involvement in education and research.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America