Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor of Emergency Service
The Bachelor of Emergency Service recognises the increasingly complex industry and operational environment faced by emergency service workers plus the economic, social and environmental impact emergencies have on the community. By drawing on interdisciplinary learning, teaching and research from a range of emergency service related discipline areas, you will extend upon your current qualifications and work experience to explore in–depth a range of key concepts and perspectives. These concepts and perspectives will come from the areas of safety science, public health, community safety and education, plus management. You will also gain important lifelong learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving, which you can apply to a variety of employment opportunities and life situations. The degree's flexible structure and approach to delivery allow you to tailor this degree to meet your own needs by combining compulsory units with the choice of minor specialisation unit options.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma from the Fire and Emergency Service or Emergency Medical Services (EMS) context
- Note: Students with an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Level 6 Advanced Diploma will be provided with additional credit for study undertaken.
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
- completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
Emergency service related areas.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introductory Occupational Health and Safety
- Emergency Services and the Community
- Human Resource Management
- Human Factors
- Community Safety and Education in Action
- Public Health Disaster Management
- Evaluating Emergency Services Risks
- Contemporary Emergency Services Issues
- Management of Fatigue Risk
- Climate Change: Risk and Assessments
- Public Health, Community Safety and Education
- Safety Science
This program costs 14 400 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Core learning outcomes:
- Analyse technical and theoretical concepts that underpin practice in emergency contexts
- Integrate theory and research into everyday emergency service practice
- Develop and maintain community and industry partnerships to improve the prevention, preparedness, response to and recovery from emergency situations
- Formulate strategies to solve complex problems in emergency service contexts and settings
- Critically reflect on one's own practice in order to inform lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
The Bachelor of Emergency Service supports graduates to operate in the increasingly complex environment faced by those working in the emergency service sector. In addition, this qualification provides a pathway for those holding Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications and wish to deepen their knowledge, in areas such as safety science, community safety and management for specialist roles in emergency service contexts.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Mental health support after COVID-19
What do you expect from your university?
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Johannesburg, South Africa
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
High Wycombe, England