Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor of Digital Media
The Bachelor of Digital Media can prepare you for a professional career in the digital media industries by providing practical skills and relevant theory that can be applied in a variety of fields associated with design, technology and media.
The course's flexible structure allows you to focus on your individual strengths and interests by pursuing specialisations in Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Screen Production, Animation, or a combination of these areas.
Working within multimedia computer laboratories and production studios, you will learn how to create digital media works using industry-standard software tools and techniques. You will learn how to think critically, solve problems, communicate effectively, and work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The Bachelor of Digital Media gives you the opportunity to engage with clients on real-world projects, ensuring that you are work-ready upon graduation.
The course can be studied on-campus or online, providing maximum flexibility. It also incorporates two optional exit / interim awards: a one-year Diploma of Digital Media and a two-year Associate Degree of Digital Media.
Graduates of the Diploma of Digital Media may articulate into the second year of either the Associate Degree of Digital Media or the Bachelor of Digital Media.
Graduates of the Associate Degree of Digital Media may articulate into the third year of the Bachelor of Digital Media.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
International students. P - Students are required to have an acceptable level of competence in writing, reading, speaking and understanding English.
- Rank Threshold: OP 18 | SR 64 | ATAR 57.75
- Rank Cut-Off: OP 17 | SR 65 | ATAR 59.9
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Video and Audio
- Illustration and Visualisation
- Web Design
- Communication in Professional Contexts
- Visual Design Fundamentals
- Foundations of Animation
- User Experience Design
- Coding Fundamentals
- Business of Digital Innovation
- Collaborative Digital Media Project Part A
- Collaborative Digital Media Project Part B
- Digital Media Project
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Media
- Screen Production
This program costs 14 160 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Interim and exit awards:
CC25 - Diploma of Digital Media CC26 - Associate Degree of Digital Media
Core learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a broad range of skills and knowledge relating to theories, practices, languages, technologies and techniques in the field of digital media, with depth in selected areas
- Identify, analyse, develop and evaluate ideas and information within a digital media context
- Solve problems and exercise critical and creative thinking ability
- Create digital media works using industry-standard software tools, with particular proficiency in selected areas of specialisation
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences using various media forms
- Work independently, collaboratively and professionally on digital media projects
- Recognise and reflect on social, cultural and ethical issues in the field of digital media.
The digital revolution has dramatically changed the way we work, learn, play and communicate. It has created jobs that didn’t exist a decade ago and it has profoundly changed others. People who are skilled in the production and application of digital media are in demand. Completion of the Bachelor of Digital Media will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in fields such as:
- web design
- graphic design
- game development
- software development
- audio production
- video production
- film and television post-production
- visual effects
- corporate communications
- education and training.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...