Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor of AccountingCQUniversity Australia
Bachelor of Accounting
All available course dates
Bachelor of Accounting
The Bachelor of Accounting supports you in discovering how to use accounting to understand business reality and be relevant in a 'digitally disrupted' accounting and business world; and in this way change your own lives and those around you. We do this by creating for you interactive and collaborative places so that, wherever you are, you can learn actively on our campuses across Australia and online in a personal, flexible way as part of your total life.
The Bachelor of Accounting provides you with a degree that is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and meets the associate membership requirements of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Depending on the electives you choose, you may also be eligible to apply for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (after meeting the Board's requirements for practical experience). Graduates are also eligible to join the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants at the member level.
As well as providing you with an accredited accounting degree, you also have the opportunity of completing a major (or one or two minors) from a number of other business and non-business disciplines.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0 completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
English and mathematics
- Rank Threshold: OP 17 | SR 65 | ATAR 59.9
- Rank Cut-Off: OP 17 | SR 65 | ATAR 59.9
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Accounting, Learning and Online Communication
- Introductory Financial Accounting
- Foundations of Business Law
- Organisational Behaviour
- Essential Statistics
- Principles of Economics
- Business Finance
- Management Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Auditing & Professional Practice
- Company & Association Law
- Taxation Law and Practice A
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Students must complete 2 from the following units:
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance & Ethics
- Graduate Employability Skills
- Taxation Law and Practice B
- Property Rights and Law
- Digital Media
- Electives or a Minor
- Financial Planning
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- Human Resources Management
- Public Relations
This program costs 14 565 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Accounting, you may find employment opportunities in the local, national and global business, accounting or finance sectors in roles such as:
- auditing and assurance
- business consultancy
- financial planning
- forensic accounting
- professional accountancy
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia