Fine Art BA (Hons)Coventry University
Fine Art BA (Hons)
All available course dates
About this program
Fine Art BA (Hons)
Innovation and imagination are the hallmarks of our fine art teaching; this practice-based course will challenge and inspire you, developing the creative, technical, critical, reflective and enterprising skills to support you in forging a successful and sustainable career in contemporary art.
With access to a range of workshops, industry-standard software, photographic and media resources, you will have the opportunity to explore individual and collaborative 2D, 3D and 4D practices in our spacious studios, experimenting with digital, intermedia and traditional art forms.
For over 150 years, our creative community has played an important role in shaping cultural, political and social lives in many places. Past graduates have won animation Oscars, Academy Award nominations, Penguin book cover prizes, D&AD and Sky Arts awards. Past Fine Art graduates have been recipients of the Independent Vision Award for Curatorial Achievement, awarded by Independent Curators International in New York, nominated for the prestigious VG Foundation award at the Annely Juda Gallery, London and runner up in the national Gilchrist-Fisher Painting Award.
You will be taught by practising artists, art historians, and writers who have exhibited at the Prague Biennale, the Royal Academy of Arts, Kwangju Biennale in South Korea and the Conflux Festival in New York. Their work can be found in collections such as the Arts Council of Great Britain, Tate Britain, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and the Museum Beelden aan Zee in the Netherlands. Please note, staff members may change.
A-Level applicants are required to have three A2 Levels. Coventry University may include AS grades within an offer for certain courses, but we are not able to accept two AS Levels in place of one A2 Level. In some courses it may be necessary for entrants to have passed specific A2 Levels in nominated subjects. Please see the course pages for more information.
Merit in Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
A pass in the Access Diploma, plus GCSE English Language at grade A*-C, or a specified equivalent.
Coventry University welcomes applicants who have completed, or who are studying, the Access to HE Diploma developed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Successful completion of the course will require you to gain 60 credits with at least 45 to be achieved at Level 3 (with the remainder at Level 2). In some cases we will require you to have gained Merit or Distinction grades in a number of units or in nominated subjects. For more information on the entry requirements for your chosen course please see the relevant course pages.
BTEC Level 3 Diplomas
The University will accept the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma for entry to most courses. In some cases we will require applicants to have studied either certain named modules or a specific named Diploma. The appropriate course page will have full information on the entry requirements. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry to degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that provide a total volume of study that is equivalent to three A2 Levels. For example, you could be studying a BTEC Level 3 Diploma plus an A2 Level, or a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma plus two A2 Levels. Where a specific A2 or BTEC subject is required for entry then you must be offering this as part of your combination of qualifications.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 overall
- If you don't meet the English language requirements, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
For more information about admission requirements, please contact the provider.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Art Introductions 1
- Art Introductions 2
- Contextual Introductions
- Contextual and Professional Introductions
- Art Explorations 1
- Contextual Explorations
- Contextual and Professional Explorations
- Professional Placement Year
- Study Abroad Year
- Art Consolidations 1
- Art Consolidations (40) Optional
- Art Consolidation and Professional Practice (40) Optional
- Contextual Consolidations
- Professional Consolidations 3
- 3 years full-time
- 4 years full-time with study abroad / professional placement.
- UK students : £9,250 per year.
- International students : £17,700 per year.
Educational Aims of the Course
- Provide a learning environment in which students will gain experience and engage at the forefront of Fine Art practice;
- Enable all students to develop their creative, intellectual and intercultural potential through awareness of diverse communities in fine arts practice within a global context;
- Enable students to become independent learners with the intellectual flexibility to contribute to, and benefit from, a society in continual change;
- Promote the development of individual creativity and the exercise of informed aesthetic and conceptual judgements;
- Foster self-awareness, intellectual integrity, resilience and adaptability;
- Cultivate critical analysis and creative synthesis through the production of innovative and experimental art;
- Develop within students a basis for positioning themselves within a relevant professional community of practice;
- Establishing visibility for their individual art practice and growing a wider network which is adventurous and innovative;
- Nurture interpersonal skills to enable effective communication and collaboration with other artists, audiences and appropriate, discipline specific constituencies;
- Promote the exploration of experiential, interpersonal, material, technical and technological capabilities.
Many of our past students pursue careers as exhibiting artists or utilise transferrable skills towards creative futures in arts administration, museum and gallery curating, careers within the media, photography, art therapy, design and teaching.
Some of our past graduates have progressed to postgraduate study here on our suite of MA courses, while many others have attended a range of institutions including the Royal College of Art, Chelsea College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Warwick University and the Slade School of Fine Art to name just a few.
About this institute
Coventry University is a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a high-quality education provider and a focus on applied research. The students of Coventry University's students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines including health,...
Be the first to write a review!