Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)Coventry University
Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)
All available course dates
Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)
Electronic engineering is a synergy of the electronics, signal processing, computing and communications engineering. Successful graduate electronic engineers could be involved in developing cutting edge technology such as power-dense electronic controllers; creating an integrated RF analogue-to-digital signal devices; developing scalable, multi-function, phased array radar systems or designing algorithms for use in a diverse range of applications such as error detection and correction and image processing.
As an Electronic Engineering student at Coventry University, you will have access to modern facilities and an annual programme of free to attend lectures on contemporary engineering and computing topics presented by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) and British Computer Society (BCS) (subject to availability).
Previous successful graduates of these IET accredited courses have typically become team leaders and Chartered Engineers, or progressed to further PhD study.
A-Level applicants are required to have three. A2 Levels. Coventry University may include AS grades within an offer for certain courses, but we are not able to accept two AS Levels in place of one A2 Level. In some courses it may be necessary for entrants to have passed specific A2 Levels in nominated subjects. Please see the course pages for more information.
Coventry University welcomes applicants who have completed, or who are studying, the Access to HE Diploma developed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Successful completion of the course will require you to gain 60 credits with at least 45 to be achieved at Level 3 (with the remainder at Level 2). In some cases we will require you to have gained Merit or Distinction grades in a number of units or in nominated subjects. For more information on the entry requirements for your chosen course please see the relevant course pages.
BTEC Level 3 Diplomas
The University will accept the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma for entry to most courses. In some cases we will require applicants to have studied either certain named modules or a specific named Diploma. The appropriate course page will have full information on the entry requirements. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry to degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that provide a total volume of study that is equivalent to three A2 Levels. For example, you could be studying a BTEC Level 3 Diploma plus an A2 Level, or a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma plus two A2 Levels. Where a specific A2 or BTEC subject is required for entry then you must be offering this as part of your combination of qualifications.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 overall
- If you don't meet the English language requirements, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
For more information about admission requirements, please contact the provider.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Analogue Circuits and Embedded Systems
- Electrical Engineering 1
- Professional Skills
- Analogue and Digital Electronics 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Introduction to Computer Engineering
- Analogue and Digital Electronics 2
- Programming for Engineers
- Control and Instrumentation 1
- Embedded System Design and Development
- Communications Systems Principles
- Manufacture of Electronic Systems for Regulatory Compliance
- Professional Placement
- Study Abroad
- Individual Project
- Advanced Electronics
- Advanced Digital Systems
- Engineering Impact (required for MEng study)
- Optional modules
2 from the following:
- Object Oriented Software
- Communication System Engineering
- Power Semi-Conductor Devices and Convertors
- Industrial Group Project (ALL)
- Embedded Hardware Engineering
- Digital Signal and Image Processing
- Kinematics, Dynamics and Applications
- Wireless Intelligent Systems
- 3 years full-time
- 4 years sandwich
- UK students : £9,250 per year.
- International students : £17,700 per year.
On successful completion, you will have knowledge of:
- Scientific principles and methodologies relevant to electronic engineering.
- Mathematical and quantitative methods used in engineering analysis and design.
- Engineering project management including: ethics, finance, risk, health and safety, and similar issues.
- The wider multidisciplinary context of engineering, incorporating social, economic and environmental issues.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Analyse electronic systems and processes using appropriate modelling techniques.
- Solve technical and management problems involving uncertainty.
- Design innovative products and systems employing recognised methodologies.
- Plan and execute research oriented project work.
- Select and apply appropriate components, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Plan and execute practical work involving experimentation, data collection, prototype construction, testing and specialised instrumentation.
- Employ specialised software tools and information technology equipment.
- Access and evaluate varied information sources including: technical literature, standards and codes of practice.
Specific aims of the course are:
- To produce graduates with knowledge and understanding of scientific principles relevant to electronic engineering.
- To develop the cognitive skills required to work professionally on contemporary engineering projects.
- To develop the practical abilities expected of a professional electronic engineer.
- To provide the transferable skills and personal attributes expected by graduate employers of electronic engineers.
- To present a holistic view of engineering incorporating management, ethics, safety, economic, social and environmental factors.
- To provide an education consistent with Honours level of the QAA Framework, the UKSPEC Engineering Benchmark Statements (2015), and the recommendations of the Engineering Council and Institution of Engineering and Technology for Chartered Engineers.
- To motivate students with an engaging experience based on the concepts of Activity Led Learning.
- To further the University mission by providing an excellent education enriched by work-related learning and the experience of applied research.
MEng programme additional aims:
- To provide the versatility and depth of understanding to enable graduates to deal with new and unusual challenges in electronic engineering, including the latest research.
- To foster imagination, creativity and the ability to innovate.
- To provide a sound understanding of the commercial context of engineering and of the commercial and technical risks associated with innovation.
- To equip graduates with a skill set that will enable them to progress rapidly to positions of responsibility providin technical, managerial and entrepreneurial leadership in specialist or inter-disciplinary projects.
Upon successful completion, your career options could range from traditional circuit design engineering, electronic manufacturing, through to integrating, installing and maintaining system solutions based on electronics for a multitude of different industries, including the manufacture of audio recording systems, mobile phones, embedded microprocessor systems, control and security applications and electronic controllers for vehicles.
About this institute
Coventry University is a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a high-quality education provider and a focus on applied research. The students of Coventry University's students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines including health,...
Want to know more about the programs offered by Coventry University? Please send your questions directly to the dedicated student agency, OK Student and they'll get back to you promptly.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America